× Members

Appeals hearings

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293269 by Cinta
Appeals hearings was created by Cinta
Hi, I am currently working my way through 'Challenge to a PIP Decision Guide to Mandatory Reconsiderations and Appeals and notice the frequent reference of Covid and delays in oral hearings. Now that things are up and running again I wondered whether the same still applies, eg judges are making decisions on their own, oral hearings are far and few between etc. I would be grateful if somebody could give me an indication whether oral hearings are up and running again and what time frame from beginning of the appeal to the actual day in court in Herefordshire or Worcestershire might be? And would that time frame apply to video or phone hearings? The welfare service I used last time was shut down so I am trying to deal with it on my own, hence the worried question...with many thanks in advance !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293289 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Appeals hearings
Hi Cinta

I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about the Tribunal Service in your area, including the time it takes for appeals to take place. You could contact your local service and ask.

Some of our members have had face-to-face hearings, some had telephone or video hearings and others have paper-based appeals, but we don't have any figures about the numbers or where these took place.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cinta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.