× Members

Telephone Assessment - No Voice

More
1 month 1 week ago #293653 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone Assessment - No Voice
Hi Lisa

Well done for winning half the battle.

When you go to the ESA face-to-face - make sure that you have a copy of any correspondence that says you have difficulty talking. Yes, they should have a copy - but don't let them pretend they don't know. Do not force yourself to speak. If you need to only communicate with pen and paper - do so. Hopefully, the assessor will realise they have wasted your time and send you away! But don't put yourself under extra stress trying to do more than you would normally do. It's up to them to manage the situation - not you!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #293678 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Telephone Assessment - No Voice
Thank you so much! I'm in such a mess today worrying about it. I wouldn't have thought to take evidence with me, so I will definitely do that too...

More
1 month 1 week ago #293688 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone Assessment - No Voice
Hi Lisa

Feeling terrified and worried is normal. You can do this. Hope it goes well for you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.