× Members

Child tax credits and child finishing education

More
1 month 1 week ago #293679 by sarahloe
Hi all, Just looking for some advice on child tax credits please. My twins are 18 and my tax credits are due to finish 31st August as one is going to university and the other has just finished college course. My query is the one that has just finished college has just been offered a job of 18hrs a week. I know while he was in education he could work while on my claim but as he will be no longer a quailifying child shortly should he come off my claim straight away or end of August as planned. Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #293698 by Gary
Hi sarahloe

Thank you for the question, it is outside the remit of the forum.

You do need to speak to a Welfare Rights Organisation for accurate advice, as it can be quite complicated and depends on a number of factors; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarahloe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.