× Members

Dwp esa contribution based question

More
1 month 1 week ago #293722 by sandra57
Dwp esa contribution based question was created by sandra57
Can anyone out there help me with a question?
I’m in receipt of esa contribution based and been placed in support group. I don’t receive any other benefits eg rent help.
I had been getting esa for about 2 1/2 years (been still employed by my employer) I’ve been contacted by employer who basically getting rid of me due to my long term unavailability for work. I’m not fit to return to work. I was waiting for this to happen. Btw I’m 58 , 60 in November and still have some time before I’m officially retired.
My question is this:
I know that I will have to contact DWP due to change of circumstances.
Does anybody know what will happen next to me? I haven’t signed anything yet.
The money offered is not a huge amount in the settlement agreement but I am wondering if I will be bumped of esa even although my health issues haven’t changed. (Fibromyalgia and diabetes problems etc)
I’m like everyone else worried sick like everyone in this forum. I just want to know please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #293735 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Dwp esa contribution based question
Hi sandra57

As you are in receipt of CB ESA you will not be bumped off CB ESA.

You need to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk depending on the settlement agreement it could have an impact on your CB ESA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandra57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.