× Members

Oversea Mail

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293767 by Hughie
Oversea Mail was created by Hughie
Hi
I am not sure if the information I need is actually available, but here goes.
I have a really good friend who is on Enhaned rates of PIP (both components). He has a multitude of issues and he has severe mental health problems as well. He unfortunately has severe pyschotic episodes whereupon he can collect the post before his Wife gets it and he can actually rip the letters to pieces and not remember a thing about it. He is on an indefinite award and it was given 3 years ago. His Wife has asked me to ask if it is possible for him to receive his PIP renewal forms via e-mail when they are eventually sent to him? I have looked online and I just cannot get an answer to this. Her worry is that he could quite easily get the renewal letter and forms and just rip them up without her knowing. She doesn't want to get some kind of protected letetrbox as she doesn't know how he might ract when he is poorly. Is there a service where the DWP can e-mail the forms? I am aware it could be many years even before he might receive them, but I would like to help put her mind at ease if I am able.
Thank You - Hugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293798 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Oversea Mail
Hi Hughie

They don't normally email out forms, but special circumstances can be made, but this is something they would have to arrange with the DWP. If she is his appointee then it will be easy for her to arrange. If she's not - then he will have to make the call - to make it happen.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293921 by Hughie
Replied by Hughie on topic Oversea Mail
Hi.
Thank you for the response. My apologies for not getting back sooner, but I have unfortunately not been too well. Thank you again, it is much appreciated.
Regards:-Hughie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.