× Members

Review Form Late

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294099 by zazalala
Review Form Late was created by zazalala
Hi, I was meant to send back my PIP short review form last Friday. I sent it back yesterday and received a text today saying they have it. So it’s 4 days late. I went to the hospital on Monday and had my Dr write something for me and finished it off in last couple of days. I have CFS and really struggle with the forms and need help to complete.
My question is do I need to let them know it’s 4 days late and give an explanation? Or shall I just lie low and hope they don’t say anything. Obviously I don’t want to draw attention to it if I’m going to get in trouble. But I also want to head off any issues if they are going to be annoyed.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294103 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review Form Late
Hi zazalala

If you do nothing, you're left wondering whether it makes any difference that your form was late. The problem is that I can't tell you with any certainty whether they will let it go or whether they will say you missed the deadline. Therefore if you're up to it, I would call the DWP and say you know you were late and you hope that it's still okay. The person on the phone isn't the person who makes any decision, but they will be able to see your records and tell you whether it's progressing as normal.

If you don't or can't ring, I would write a short note to the DWP explaining why the form was late, and send it. Don't forget to keep a copy.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zazalala

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294142 by zazalala
Replied by zazalala on topic Review Form Late
Thank you . I plucked up the courage to call PIP helpline today. They spoke to the case manager and said it was absolutely fine and all progressing as normal. I was very relieved!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294167 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review Form Late
Hi zazalala

Well done on plucking up the courage to ring. I'm glad you have your answer and can rest more easily now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.