× Members

Do you know of people near pension age who find pip is not renewed?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294178 by VIA
Dear fellow members and moderators,

I was watching a video of someone who talks a lot about pip.

However that person was saying that lately a trend of some people were getting in touch with that person to say their pip had been stopped even though they were in the enhanced category and they had got worse.

The person who posted the video said that what those people had in common was that in a few months time they would be pensioners.
And that if we have pip at pension age it will be an indefinite award.

I do not know if it is true or not.
But I think it is good to know just in case, as ‘if’ it is true that some people find that their pip is discontinued when they are months away from pension age, I would like to know.

And as the person from the video was saying if we are a few years away from pension age and we are due for a review, it is a good idea to send as much evidence as possible.

Best wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294187 by Gary
Hi VIA

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

If there was any truth in the story, it would be in the free B&W newsletter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, VIA

More
1 month 1 week ago #294207 by Bud
VIA, I’ve just had my award letter & it takes me up to a few months before retirement, which of course I’m delighted about. Although I did get a bit suspicious as to what DWP were up to, as when I talked to the person who reinstated my award on the phone these dates were not the same as what we’d discussed. But it’s worked out to my advantage so I don’t want to call them & risk them saying they made a mistake. But if the start date was correct, which it isn’t, they would’ve given me a 10 year award, if that makes any sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.