× Members

ESA TOP UP vs Premiums

More
1 month 1 week ago #294194 by Caledoniansmurf
ESA TOP UP vs Premiums was created by Caledoniansmurf
Hi, One o'clock in the morning and all is not well......

Hubby and I transferred to ESA [IR] form IB and IS 2014

It now has shown that we never got SDP for me - only for him.
We have checked and fit the proper criteria, ESA Lady on phone completed the something or other 10 form.
She agreed we should have had the additional SDP

She said it could take a while for the DM to get to it as they are struggling trying to get everyone onto UC. Yes, I was surprised she said it too!

My latest issue is that my Mr Doom-and-Gloom, who is sleeping like a snoring bull dog had a feeling things would not go well.

I have looked back over the award letters and what a mess. It does not list the couples rate for SDP, only for one. BUT it does list Top Up, as I understand it this was due to my IB and his IS being more that ESA. To ensure we didn't lose out.

Does that mean they will claim we are not due any backpay? Even though SDP is not listed on the award letters correctly?
SIGH! and to think on top of all this I am currently transferring to ADP and it looks likely UC soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #294217 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA TOP UP vs Premiums
Hi Caledoniansmurf

You need to request an "any time review" they should look at your claim from the beginning.

The couples rate for SDP is twice the single claim rate, single rate £81.50 pw, couple rate £163 pw.

It is better to sort out your SDP now before UC due to transitional Protection.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caledoniansmurf

More
1 month 1 week ago #294237 by Caledoniansmurf
Replied by Caledoniansmurf on topic ESA TOP UP vs Premiums
Hi Gary, yes we asked for this on the 20th July.
The Top Up amount should have balanced out in 2016 if SDP couples was included.
But it seems from 2017 onward we were still paid to Top Up to our IB/IS level. Not the Couples SDP amount.
I called today, the poor woman seemed as confused as me! She couldn't understand why our claim stuck at only Single SDP either.
She has put in a request for another department to look at our situation and asked that they call us.
So it's a waiting game at the moment.
Is this something we should be worried about?

More
1 month 1 week ago #294245 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA TOP UP vs Premiums
Hi Caledoniansmurf

Lets hope you get some positive news, don't ask for a backdate, ask for an any time review. 🤞

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.