× Members

I have pulmonary fibrosis and cryptogenic organizing pneumonia and can hardly w

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #294338 by Janette
I can hardly walk very breathless use oxygen got pulmonary fibrosis and cryptogenic organizing pneumonia can't cook need assistant with my medication and awaiting fir my appeal hearing for PIP . I thought PIP where for people who are disabled and sick with ill health I'm also forced to go to work to do a part time job I cant do this because of my illness it's night work in a refuge I also suffer with PTSD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294437 by BIS
Hi Janette

I'm sorry to hear that you have so many difficulties. I'm not sure what question you're asking.

People with disabilities can apply for PIP and can be awarded money to help for additional costs towards their daily living and/or their mobility. Some claimants who have been awarded PIP work and some do not.

There are some people who are disabled who receive UC/ESA and are in the support group and are therefore not expected to work. This benefit is to help with their daily living costs.

Some people are awarded just UC/ESA, some are awarded PIP, and some people are awarded both.

If you need any further clarification - come back and ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.