× Members

UC migration from Esa and Housing benefit

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #294392 by Andi66
I have yet to migrate to UC , but I am very worried about it especially with my autism. I have wrote before but still anxious. Which group will they know where to put me if I'm still waiting to hear back from my Esa review which I sent back in January. My health is worse. I'm in LCW at the moment. My concern is will they decide before my review is seen and how will it effect my payment
For photo ID I have a pass card but it's from 2013, I used my disabled bus pass to vote
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294461 by David
Replied by David on topic UC migration from Esa and Housing benefit
Hi Andi66,

If for example your UC Migration were to happen today then you would be placed in the group which was decided at your last WCA ( Work Capabilities Assessment ) which for you, as you say, is LCW.

I would not worry too much about photo ID for Universal Credit as a new UC claim can be arranged without any photo ID using the information which the DWP have on their CIS Searchlight IT system.

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294480 by Andi66
Replied by Andi66 on topic UC migration from Esa and Housing benefit
So if I was put in LCW and the review came back for support will I be transferred. Or are they still reviewing or have they stopped

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294481 by David
Hi Andi66,

If your review were to place you in the Support Group then after the move to UC you would be placed in the LCWRA conditionality group automatically.
Evidently there are significant delays with reviews at present.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #294503 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic UC migration from Esa and Housing benefit
I'm speculating here as I don't know the answer to this, but would it be likely for the DWP start the migration process for someone who is currently undergoing a work capability assessment? I would have thought it made more sense to migrate claims where no WCA was outstanding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #294509 by David
Hi Robbie,

I think it would be a matter of DWP priorities. Get UC Migration done or get WCAs done. And from what I hear anecdotally about DWP staff being transferred to UC to work on Migration, it would appear that the UC Migration is a priority at present. So to answer your question the Migration would go ahead even if a WCA was awaited.
You can find general information here.
www.gov.uk/guidance/tax-credits-and-some...-to-universal-credit

David

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.