× Members

Will my PIP assessment never happen!

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294580 by Kevsue19
Will my PIP assessment never happen! was created by Kevsue19
Yet another text from DWP today saying they are still looking at my review (which means it’s in a huge pile of other reviews!) That was my 4th text! It was a year ago that my review started as I have just renewed my subscription which I did in order to use your amazing guides. As my PIP does t actually run out until April 25, I’m really not sure why they sent it out a year ago.
I think you are telling people to hang on to any extra evidence until the review happens? It’s nothing new (I do have additional info following seeing a neurologist and an orthopaedic surgeon)
Also I’m not sure how to tell them that my husband , who was my carer, passed away in June? - all the initial diary pages I sent them detailed what he had done - I have done new ones including what my daughters are doing for me - my local adult services sorted me out with additional aids, and I’m going to have my bathroom redone as a wet room. I would have to pay for any carer support (because we worked hard all our working lives and have some savings) so my 3 girls are helping me, but I am still 100% sure if they start questioning me, during my review I will cry, and possibly cry a lot! I can’t even evidence my bereavement grief as the NHS waiting list for counselling is 12 months so I am having some privately.
I could do without this at the moment!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294589 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Will my PIP assessment never happen!
Hi Kevsue19

I'm sorry about the loss of your husband. Please try not to worry about whether you will cry if you have a telephone or video assessment - that would be expected. However, if your grief is still overwhelming when you are sent an assessment, you can always ask them to do a paper-based assessment and say you are requesting a change because of the loss of your husband and your ongoing grief. They won't necessarily agree, but you are entitled to ask, and if they refuse the first time, you have the right to ask them to reconsider again. You can say that because of your grief, you will be unable to give a good account of yourself and your difficulties.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid