× Members

PIP

More
3 days 4 hours ago #294902 by Hubble
PIP was created by Hubble
Hi, I claimed disability many years ago, approx 13 as I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of lower spine and main joins. I was seen by a physiotherapist and I worked hard at the physio and took an alternative medication approach which greatly helped me regain my independence and also made the osteo arthritis manageable. After approx 2.5 years, I came off the disability as I felt that as my health had somewhat improved it would be fraudulent to carry on claiming. I went self employed and worked from home and later once the business closed I got a nice easy sewing job, over the last year the osteo arthritis has progressively got worse, especially my back, I am now in chronic pain and have had to give work up, I have filled out the PIP claim form, but am unsure whether to mention that I have previously claimed, as mainly my medical records of MRI scans etc are from approx 13 years ago, any advice would greatly help. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 22 hours ago #294913 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP
Hi Hubble

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

I would not mention you claimed 13 years ago as it is a long time and as you stated your conditioned improved, the question to ask yourself is has your condition deteriorated in the last 3 months or more.

I personally would say that your medical evidence is out of date and that you need more up to date evidence. With your chronic pain, have you been referred to the pain clinic? Has your Dr referred you for an up todate MRI scan?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 days 7 hours ago #294934 by Hubble
Replied by Hubble on topic PIP
Thank you Garry, I have been for an x-ray recently on my lower back and the doctor has given me a 3 month fit note stating that I have chronic back pain. I have also been referred to an OT who has been in touch and said that I am on a waiting list which is approx a month, I will also get to see a physiotherapist then as well. Other than that that's all the medical evidence I have at this moment in time, I just hope it's enough for now as everything is a waiting game.

More
2 days 2 hours ago #294959 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Hubble

It will be enough evidence. I'm with Gary, and I wouldn't say that you claimed years ago, but I would still be saying when you were first diagnosed with osteoarthritis and then concentrate on the fact that it has deteriorated in the past few moths. It shows it's not a new issue. You don't have to go into any detail about what you did thirteen years ago - because the issue is how you are now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hubble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.