× Members

Capability for work incontinence descriptor

More
2 days 7 hours ago #294932 by Mazzym00
Hi. I am trying to complete the UC50. The more I read the more I feel that decision makers award 9b, as it may or may not happen ie a risk, if it depends how quickly you get to the toilet even if you experience substantial leakage at least once a week by rushing to the toilet. Am I correct?
Do people only get 9a if they can't get to the toilet at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 day 22 hours ago #294979 by Gary
Hi Mazzym00

This activity concerns your ability to control your bowel or bladder (or use a collecting device, such as stoma bag or catheter, without leakage).This is one of the most difficult parts of the questionnaire to complete because the questions are of such a personal nature. try to put as much information down as you can.
If you have mobility problems that mean you are not able to get to the toilet in time, these should be taken into account (CE/1695/2013).

You would get 15 points if the loss of control of your bowel or bladder leads to an extensive evacuation or voiding at least once a month there is substantial leakage of a collecting device which means you need to clean yourself and change your clothing. CE/1695/2013.

Explain what precautions you have tried to take and why these may not always work.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.