× Members

help = migration from irESA HB to

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #294945 by Rubes
help = migration from irESA HB to was created by Rubes
Hello - i am new here and couldn't navigate to finding any answers to my concerns. I am a long term recipient of irESA (8 years) in the support group and additional severe disability entitlement. I have a brain disorder, manic depression and acute anxiety. Earlier on in the year i received a back payment from PIP due to a change in the law regarding one of the descriptors within the PIP claim, it was regarding the need to pre plan mentally for travel that is not familiar, a journey or something that without mental preparation could cause you to become distressed. It wasn't something I was aware of, but I got a call from PIP and the woman explained I was owed a back payment. My concern is that when the migration takes place (have no idea when that will be either) and the UC need to see bank statements etc - will they see the back payment and deem me not eligible for UC? The back payment was not something I sought after or initiated. When I expressed my concerns to the woman she stated that I did not need to worry and at no point would the money be requested back and it was mine to do what I wished. It's not over the £16,000 savings threshold , so am i needlessly worrying here? Why do they have to take into account all of your finances again when they already have this information with ESA. ? Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide me with some peace of mind because currently i am so dreadfully concerned. Ideally i'd love to be able to go back into full time employment but the nature of my disorder prevents me from being able to offer the basic requirements of any given role, not only that I have had years and years of so many jobs prior to me claiming. All of which ended due to either being managed out of the company, once they were aware of my mental health. Had to go to tribunals and ultimately won - but not without a great cost to my mental health. No employer can account for EUPD, constant mood changes, impulsivity, let alone all the side effects caused by my medication. It's a very complex disorder. So anyone else in a similar position who has more info - that would be so greatly appreciated. uc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #294948 by David
Replied by David on topic help = migration from irESA HB to
Hi Rubes,
I have experience of assisting clients with bipolar disorder.
As far as your back payment is concerned as it was issued by the DWP it will be registered on the CIS Searchlight IT system which can be accessed by the Universal Credit Case Managers. So I would not worry about UC penalising you for having savings.
I cannot predict when your UC Migration will occur but I am happy to answer any other questions you may have.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.