× Members

Another Call from DWP

More
1 month 4 hours ago #295072 by Bud
Another Call from DWP was created by Bud
DWP called me a few days ago to tell me that I could lose my award, or length of the award at the tribunal. Do they have to call to make me aware of this before they respond to the tribunal? They said I may get another call, either way I’ll get a letter within the next week or two. I’m assuming my letter will be the bundle? I felt it was just a scaremongering tactic by DWP. They said they had all day to respond as they had nothing else to do, which I thought was an odd thing to tell me 🤔.

At the end of day the tribunal text to let me know that DWP had responded to my appeal. So here I go again. It said that it’ll take several months, but they’ll let me know the outcome by post. I’m not attending, but I did say I’d do the appeal by phone. I’ll call them as surely there’ll be questions to ask me? I’d hate to lose out because of the mix up.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295167 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Another Call from DWP
Anyone?

DWP called me a few days ago to tell me that I could lose my award, or length of the award at the tribunal. Do they have to call to make me aware of this before they respond to the tribunal?

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #295189 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another Call from DWP
Hi Bud

I have not heard of them doing this before. If you're going to the Tribunal - it's the Tribunal Panel who will decide about any award, not the DWP. If the Tribunal Panel think your award is likely to be downgraded because of their decision, they will tell you and give you the opportunity to withdraw your appeal in which case your award will remain as it is now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Jorvick88

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #295194 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Another Call from DWP
Thanks BIS.

Just as I thought, a pathetic attempt by DWP to try & get me to change my mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.