× Members

ESA SG migration confusion.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #295096 by dannyufcfan
ESA SG migration confusion. was created by dannyufcfan
Hi, I've been in the ESA SG for a long time. I know that soon I will be moved over to UC. As far as I'm aware I should be put into the support group equivalent ton UC. Only question I have about it is New ESA. I read a comment about it that confused me. It said that people who have not worked for a long time and been on ESA SG could still be put on new ESA as well as UC. If so, does new esa have a support group, as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295157 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA SG migration confusion.
Hi dannyufcfan

There are 3 types of ESA.

ESA now called "legacy ESA" is no longer available to new claims except in very special circumstances . (The claimant needs to be receiving the Severe Disability Premium).

The difference is that legacy ESA was one benefit consisting of two eligibility criteria, one based on the claimant's NI Contribution history (Contribution Based ESA) and the other on their personal circumstances (Income Related ESA).

New Style ESA only considers the claimant's NI Contributions, the equivalent to ESA(IR) is Universal Credit.

CB ESA is not going, it is the same as NS ESA, they are both contribution based. You can be placed in the support group in any of the three types, in which case your claim will be indefinite until you are next reassessed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.