× Members

Uc and shares

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #295180 by copshaw
Uc and shares was created by copshaw
When I applied for uc I had previously invested in some shares these subsequently had lost 99% of their value when I applied ,even though I had a large loss and was never in profit should I have informed them as I didn’t think they were capital as they had lost all their value and were sold leaving me a debt shortly after starting my claim ,at no time did I make any money

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #295183 by David
Replied by David on topic Uc and shares
Hi copshaw,

Co-incidentally, yesterday I was informed that whilst the banks provide the DWP details of personal savings accounts , companies don't do the same with shares. So your shares won't appear in DWP random checking. But I think you should inform the DWP even though they have lost 99% of their value as otherwise they could give you a Civil Penalty which is £50.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #295190 by copshaw
Replied by copshaw on topic Uc and shares
Many thanks David I will inform them at my review
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.