× Members

Carer starting work soon

More
2 days 21 hours ago #296107 by Bonnita
Carer starting work soon was created by Bonnita
My Carer is due to start a new job soon, they will still be caring for me in the evenings, although they will be coming off Carer's Allowance as it exceeds the threshold. My carer also has UC, they are worried that when they inform UC and Carer's Allowance that the money will stop immediately and be left without for just over a month until they are paid from their new job.
Could anyone advise? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 18 hours ago #296117 by David
Replied by David on topic Carer starting work soon
Hi Bonnita,

I would recommend you have a read of the information supplied by the charity CarersUK about Carer's Allowance.
www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financi...t/carer-s-allowance/

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.