× Members

esa 50 descriptor question

• benson1
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 months ago #20998 by benson1
esa 50 descriptor question was created by benson1
Hi all,

I've got an atos ESA medical this week and have been reviewing my answers to the questions on the ESA50 form that I sent in.
I suffer with severe lower back pain and sciatic pain due to a prolapsed disc in my lower back. One of the questions on the form regarding bending and kneeling asks if a person can bend (not kneel or squat)to touch knees and straighten up again.
I absolutely cannot bend forward with my back straight to touch my knees because it is agony to do so, I find it less painfull to squat down with my knees bent if I need to reach down. I ticked the answer:'Cannot bend to touch knees and straighten up again'as this is correct and as this descriptor scores the maximum 15 points should mean that I pass the WCA on this question alone.
Can someone tell me if the descriptor applies only to bending forward to touch knees with a straight back (as I interpret it to mean) or does it include being able to squat or kneel down to touch ones knees as I am able to do, albeit with some discomfort.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20999 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:esa 50 descriptor question
If you check out pages 65 & 66 of the ESA Handbook available from the Members Section it should give you an idea of what the HCP will be looking for.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• benson1
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 months ago #21012 by benson1
Replied by benson1 on topic Re:esa 50 descriptor question
Thanks for the very quick reply I appreciate it. I will download the ESA handbook and look at the sections you have highlighted.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.