× Members

Medical Evidence - When can it cease?

• maibai
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 weeks ago #21064 by maibai
Hello,

After almost 9 months of waiting for a medical since the beginning of my ESA claim, I was finally given an appointment in May. I have yet to hear a decision, but the DWP has stated I must continue to provide medical certificates. Is this the case - despite having now been assessed by their doctors?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #21067 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Medical Evidence - When can it cease?
maibai wrote:

Hello,

After almost 9 months of waiting for a medical since the beginning of my ESA claim, I was finally given an appointment in May. I have yet to hear a decision, but the DWP has stated I must continue to provide medical certificates. Is this the case - despite having now been assessed by their doctors?

This information is correct.

Although you have been examined by a disability analyst on behalf of the DWP, ultimately it is the ESA decision maker who decides on further entitlement beyond the assessment phase. If you are placed in either the work-related activity group or the support group, the decision maker will normally inform you that further medical certificates are not required.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• maibai
  • Topic Author
14 years 3 weeks ago #21069 by maibai
Replied by maibai on topic Re:Medical Evidence - When can it cease?
Thanks

I was sent through to WFIs, but they ceased when I moved out of the area to a new borough. This, however, was prior to the medical. A bit back to front, I know, but does that not speak to the fact that I am at least eligible for the Work Related Benefit? How long can/should it take for a decision to be reached after a medical has been undertaken?

Cheers for your consideration.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #21072 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Medical Evidence - When can it cease?
maibai wrote:

Thanks

I was sent through to WFIs, but they ceased when I moved out of the area to a new borough. This, however, was prior to the medical. A bit back to front, I know, but does that not speak to the fact that I am at least eligible for the Work Related Benefit? How long can/should it take for a decision to be reached after a medical has been undertaken?

Cheers for your consideration.

It is a common complaint from ESA claimants, that the assessment phase is back to front. I entirely agree.

It is impossible to tell how long it will take to reach a final decision on your ESA entitlement, as much depends on the workload of the office that deals with your ESA claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.