× Members

Contribution based ESA

• Barkthedog
13 years 8 months ago #25631 by Barkthedog
Replied by Barkthedog on topic Re:Contribution based ESA
Ranald wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys, am i right in assuming then that i would need to accrue 25 years worth of NI contributions to receive ESA (cont)?

I will telephone JSP for clarification.

Ranald.

Most definitely NOT!

You need to have actually paid Class 1 contributions in one of the three last complete tax years on earnings of 25 times the lower earnings limit for that particular year; or

25 Class 2 contributions in any of the three last complete tax years; or

A mixture of Class 1 and Class 2 totalling 25 in any of the three last complete tax years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rappa
13 years 8 months ago #25640 by rappa
Replied by rappa on topic Re:Contribution based ESA
when you apply for contribution based ES the dwp will ask you for a particular year P60 ,they choose which year, send a copy! they lost my original which is a disaster, lucky i had that years last pay slip! with similar info but only sent copy! It think they only go back 3 years for ESA, Apply for it!

• Ranald
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #25939 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:Contribution based ESA
I telephoned Jobcentre plus and i was advised that i am in receipt of Income Based ESA as that gave me more.

I did qualify for Contribution Based ESA but they gave me Income Based due to the fact i received the Severe Disability premium which you can only get on Income Based.

I see the other bloke i spoke to who said 25 years qualified one for Contribution based benefit was more than a little bit mistaken! If the JSP staff don't know how are we supposed to have a clue?

Ranald.

• baggsy
13 years 8 months ago #25956 by baggsy
Replied by baggsy on topic Re:Contribution based ESA
As Far as I am aware as stated earlier on replies it is the last three years to have paid contributions. The other thing when you ring the 0845 number ask them to ring you back as I have been advised by JCP that this can be done as this will reduce your telephone bills. As they seem to hurt the ones that need the money most. I was also advised that some mobiles do not charge for this but be advised as I tried this on my Orange phone and gues what it did not work. Contact your mobile phone provide to get advice first. Hope this helps

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.