× Members

More help please!

More
13 years 6 months ago #30555 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:More help please!
Don't want to add to the misery, but...

Just watched an item on my local BBC news about the Banbury CAB, which I have used, having to turm 1 in 4 away due to lack of facilities. I can well believe this after it took more than a week to contact them by phone!

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jules Baggs
13 years 6 months ago #30571 by jules Baggs
Replied by jules Baggs on topic Re:More help please!
Thanks for the clarification, it does look like a problem. If I were you I would be looking for good medical evidence, so that when you get to Tribunal you have good back up for what will look like new claims to them. Remember that they are looking at your health at the time of the claim, not your health at the time of the tribunal. Maybe you could start with your GP, any other medical professionals you have seen - consultant, physio, occupational therapist, psychiatric nurse, that kind of thing?

• sarah77
13 years 6 months ago #30666 by sarah77
Replied by sarah77 on topic Re:More help please!
Hi Rachel- just going to add what I did on the other post, Mind may help they told me would help me with an appeal on mental health grounds.

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #30690 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:More help please!
Hi Sarah, thankyou for your replies! I will try and contact Mind soon. My problem mainly seems to be that I appear 'normal'! If only I could grow another head!
Rachel

• sarah77
13 years 6 months ago #30727 by sarah77
Replied by sarah77 on topic Re:More help please!
Yes it's not that simple. PND can be called the smiling sickness due to mums covering it up so well. Sometimes can be the ones worse

• Aslan
13 years 6 months ago #30761 by Aslan
Replied by Aslan on topic Re:More help please!
Hi Fedup,
You could also try Rethink - they were very supportive regarding my ESA Tribunal last year.

I've also had to battle with the NHS to get a better diagnosis than 'anxiety and depression' - which are symptoms really, not a proper diagnosis. Don't be fobbed off - keep fighting (not easy, I know) until you get the help you need - once you can get past some of the 'gatekeepers' there are some great NHS people who really can help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.