× Members

ESA tribunal experience

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #32377 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA tribunal experience
Aslan wrote:

Hi Fedup,

My understanding is that they are private, ie. not open to anyone else (the general public) to attend, so you wouldn't be able to 'just watch one' anyway.

Appeal tribunal hearings are in fact open to the general public, but it is rare for any other party to attend apart from the appellant, their representative if they have one, and possibly a presenting officer from the DWP, who is unlikely to be the decision maker who decided on entitlement.

The Tribunal Judge does however have the discretion to decide that the hearing should be held in private.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Crazydiamond.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #32378 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA tribunal experience
Hi Aslan and Crazydiamond thankyou for the information I really appreciate it.

I will keep my fingers crossed that no one comes into watch!

Unfortunately my interpretation of the descriptors on the ESA50 were well out so I am hoping that I can explain better in person; that I get that opportunity.

As my friend says, "you look normal but really you're as mad as a box of frogs" :laugh: !

A massive thankyou for everyone's support and to the Mods who have patiently read my posts!

Best wishes,
Rachel

• Aslan
13 years 6 months ago #32379 by Aslan
Replied by Aslan on topic Re:ESA tribunal experience
Crazydiamond - thanks for clarifying that. Bit of a shock - reasons for illness can be intensely personal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.