× Members

ESA Support Allowance

More
13 years 10 months ago #37478 by Bluemarina
ESA Support Allowance was created by Bluemarina
Hi All. I am 52 and have an inoperable brain tumour. I am currently on IB + DLA due to visual, balance and personal care problems. My question is if I am fortunate enough to be transferred to the Support element of ESA in the future, will this be withdrawn when means testing is brought in as my retirement savings exceed 16000? Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #37483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Support Allowance
Bluemarina

If you are put into the ESA Supoort Group and receive Contribution Based ESA, then this is not means tested.

If instead, you are put in the Work Related Activity Group and receive;

- Contribution Based ESA, then you will be exempt from means testing for a year, which we believe will commence at the time of transfer.

- Income Based ESA is means tested.

The Means test is £16,000 in assets and a partner working less than 24/week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Gordon. Reason: Spelling

More
13 years 10 months ago #37491 by Bluemarina
Replied by Bluemarina on topic Re:ESA Support Allowance
Many thanks for your swift reply.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.