× Members

Industrial Injury Medical

More
12 years 10 months ago #60411 by limasierra
Replied by limasierra on topic Re:Industrial Injury Medical
Rang the Tribunal office in Sutton this morning to ask how long I would have to wait for my hearing, (I received a sheaf of papers on the 17th June and the 'facing' letter was dated 11th May and right at the back as all the papers were back to front.)

The person on the end of the phone at Sutton asked ' Oh you want to attend do you?'
I said ' what do you mean ATTEND?'
Well, she said, we have you down for a 'PAPER HEARING only'.................

This person refused to tell me where this had come from but said she would amend it to show that I wish to attend.

I then rang the DWP back to let them know what had happened and the lady there said she'd never known that happen before plus I should have been sent a form to complete saying I would be attending.
Considering the Tribunal people had been told the CAB are assisiting me plus they had also been sent a sheaf of papers identical to mine it makes you wonder .....what on earth is going on here?
The topic has been locked.
  • pete17971
12 years 10 months ago #60412 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Industrial Injury Medical
It sounds like a clerical error somewhere.

However I would check up what your rep at the CAB has received and whether they had responded on your behalf asking for a paper hearing.

Pete
More
12 years 10 months ago #60413 by limasierra
Replied by limasierra on topic Re:Industrial Injury Medical
Had already spoken to my CAB rep this morning and they definitely hadn't asked for a paper hearing.
Nothing to do with clearing a backlog by any chance or am I cynical!!!!!!!!!
  • Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 10 months ago #60414 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Industrial Injury Medical
Hi All,

I'm not sure why this thread has been allowed to continue so long since as moderators we are not qualified to deal with Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit , nor with individual advice to claimants as is made clear in this extract from Forum FAQ :

As Moderators our area of expertise is in relation to disability living allowance, attendance allowance, the personal capability assessment used in connection with incapacity benefits and the work capability assessment used in connection with employment and support allowance. So those are the only subjects on which we can provide reliable information.

Despite this, we will if possible try to point you in the right direction, and one of our moderators has already done this.

Therefore, as we cannot give further advice, I'm locking this thread which means all current posts will remain, but no further replies will be allowed.

I hope that you can accept what I've stated and understand why the thread has been locked.

Good Luck !

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.