× Members

recording a medical or having it recorded

• vhawk1951
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 weeks ago #55174 by vhawk1951
Replied by vhawk1951 on topic Re:recording a medical or having it recorded
that is so unreasonable it is unlawful in my opinion as a barrister.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Otram
13 years 2 weeks ago #55176 by Jim Otram
Replied by Jim Otram on topic Re:recording a medical or having it recorded
Spot on Gordon, and many thanks. Exactly what was I after. Agreed, vhawk.

JOBCENTRE PLUS: “There is no real need for customers to request and use the recording of their assessment.”

If it weren’t so sickening it would be funny.

More
13 years 1 week ago #55274 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:recording a medical or having it recorded
Having had many occasions to use the Mechanical Recording Dept of the Royal Courts of Justice, I'd say being able to go back over cases and listen to them is something that is so vital to civil cases that it should be used in all similar situations, especially ATOS medicals.

More
12 years 11 months ago #56466 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:recording a medical or having it recorded
bro58 wrote:

DWP are running a pilot scheme at the moment, only with 500 medicals though.

I think this is because of Harringtons reveiw.

IMO the DWP are being opportunist here.

They can say that they are "running trials" and that whilst the system is "under review" they won't let anyone outside the scheme do any recording.

When the trials have finished, they be "in the evaluation phase" - so no recording "yet". Then they will decide to so further "modified" tests, before deciding that too many of the HCPs found being recorded stressful or intimidating and reluctantly concluding that no recording will be permitted.

After that there will be a note sent out with every appointment for a WCA (or PIP when that comes along) saying that no recording of any kind will be allowed - even taking notes - and that anyone doing so will have their interview terminated immediately with no possibility of review or appeal.

And that will quash the recording issue.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #56468 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:recording a medical or having it recorded
Atos are still digging their heels in with the issue of audio recording medical assessments despite the Harrington Report, as is clearly demonstrated in paragraph 4.1.3 on page 125 of the latest edition of the WCA handbook.

An audio recording is a clear, verbatim and unequivocal transcript of the medical assessment, so what's the problem? :unsure:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Additional info.

• Graham
12 years 11 months ago #56469 by Graham
So at the moment no (visible) recording is permitted but copious note taking by a third party is? I can see medicals taking hours as the notes are taken and a question isn't answered until the note taker is ready for the next question.
Madness.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.