× Members

'Official error' to make DWP redecide revision?

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #56881 by Nervy
In the letter i got from the DWP in November it said if you want to add any comment that i should [have] do[ne] it within 2 weeks.

I wrote a thread at the time.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=10&id=39099

A pity the forum posting doesn't say November just says "4 Months, 4 Weeks ago"

Somehow i would just hope the DWP/DCS get sent it by the Tribunals Service before the tribunal, and could hopefully make another *third* decision without the tribunal.

I read the DWP have a habit of losing papers. Would the tribunals service remember to fax or email it to the DWP?
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #56934 by Gordon
Nervy

You can submit evidence to the Tribunal Service upto about 2 weeks before your Tribunal date, although it is better if you have everything with them before this.

They need time to copy any submission and send ot to both you and the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #56980 by Nervy
Ah so i get sent a copy back to add to my 'bundle'.

"better" i believe the tribunal will be delayed (adjourned).
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57018 by Nervy
There is phone number i can ring two weeks before the tribunal.

I do find it even more nerve wracking bringing the decision sooner. Although one poster thinks its it unlikely...

...but another says it has been known for the DWP to make a decision soon before the tribunal.

In my case it is a lot more information. Perhaps more than double or even three times more information than was on the original DLA form.
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57315 by Nervy
I should say i also want to change from an oral hearing to a paper hearing.

Should I include a covering letter or say that in part of the letter?
More
12 years 11 months ago #57331 by Gordon
Nervy wrote:

I should say i also want to change from an oral hearing to a paper hearing.

Should I include a covering letter or say that in part of the letter?

You should think about this decision carefully as the success rate for Paper hearings is less than 10% whereas it is 40% for ESA, and even higher for DLA, if you attend.

If you believe this is the way you want to go, then the first thing is to make sure that all the evidence you want to submit has been received, as there will be no notice as to when the hearing will be held.

It might be worth writing a submission, explaining in your own words why you think you should be awarded the benefit, and putting some order to the evidence you submitted.

When ready, send the Tribunal Service a letter asking to switch to a Paper hearing, sometime later it will be held and you will be notified of the result.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.