× Members

'Official error' to make DWP redecide revision?

• Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57497 by Nervy
Gordon wrote:

Nervy wrote:

Is there a webpage for the ESA statistics?

The latest ESA statistics are on the following page.

research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/workingage/esa_wca/esa_wca_27042011.pdf

Gordon

I search within the text for the word tribunal: "Of people who made a claim for ESA between Oct 2008 and Feb 2010 ..... The original decision made by DWP has been confirmed [upheld] for 61% of these appeals heard."

The success rate (decision in favour of appellent) for ESA tribunals is 39%
The topic has been locked.
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57498 by Nervy
Gordon wrote:

Nervy wrote:

What's the rate for DLA?

Is there a website where these statistics come from?

I have found a response from Marissa Miller which shows an overall rate of 42% (see below), but does not distinguish between Oral (attended) and Paper hearings.

services.parliament.uk/hansard/Commons/B...answers/part010.html

I have seen quotes from what I consider reliable sources, but with no link to the original source, that have quoted figues as high as 55% for attended DLA tribunal.

Gordon

I'll have to get my calculator out:
for the period 2009-10

21,000 DLA appeals success in favour of appellent (to the nearest 1000?)

/ 51,000 = 41.2%

...but does not distinguish between Oral (attended) and Paper hearings.

What are these reliable sources?
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57500 by Nervy
originaldave wrote:

Nervy wrote:

Gordon wrote:

You should think about this decision carefully as the success rate for Paper hearings is less than 10% whereas it is 40% for ESA, and even higher for DLA, if you attend.

What's the rate for DLA?

Is there a website where these statistics come from?

This is a great page too for info
83.244.183.180/100pc/tabtool.html

you pick the benefit your inetested in and start adding the info you want hours of fun :laugh:

I don't think this one mentions anything about tribunals, hearings or appeals but does mention Nil money.
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57820 by Nervy
Gordon wrote:

If you believe this is the way you want to go, then the first thing is to make sure that all the evidence you want to submit has been received, as there will be no notice as to when the hearing will be held.
Gordon

"no notice"
it says atleast 14 days, you mean with oral hearing they give notice but paper hearing none.

With my letter from the Tribunals Service that i got in December there is an extra sheet. It says "If you require more time to obtain further evidence, please let us know how long this is expected to take". There is a phone number on the sheet.

a link to my December thread

Could I send a letter or an email rather than ring them up?
  • pete17971
12 years 11 months ago #57822 by pete17971
Nervy wrote:

Gordon wrote:

If you believe this is the way you want to go, then the first thing is to make sure that all the evidence you want to submit has been received, as there will be no notice as to when the hearing will be held.
Gordon

"no notice"
it says atleast 14 days, you mean with oral hearing they give notice but paper hearing none.

With my letter from the Tribunals Service that i got in December there is an extra sheet. It says "If you require more time to obtain further evidence, please let us know how long this is expected to take". There is a phone number on the sheet.

a link to my December thread

Could I send a letter or an email rather than ring them up?

Hi,

I do believe Gordon was referring to 'on paper' hearings as these can be held at any time depending on the workload of the tribunal or such as if claimants do not show for their oral hearing.

In some cases, where the claimant has stated they are willing to accept an oral hearing at short notice, it could be that very little notice is given. Ideal if you want a tribunal faster than waiting in a long queue if a short notice slot becomes available, but the drawback maybe the relaitive short notice.

With regard to sending in further evidence, it maybe wise to ring the tribunal service to say you are sending in further evidence, then send it by first class recorded/special delivery.I am not sure but at some venues they maynot have e-mail facilities or fax machines but you can ask on the phone and double check any e-mail addresses. At least if it is sent on paper there are no technical issues!

Pete
  • Nervy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #57934 by Nervy
Here's a link to Gordon's message

You make it sound like 'on paper' is different from a paper hearing but in my case it is kinda.

, it maybe wise to ring the tribunal service to say you are sending in further evidence, then send it by first class recorded/special delivery.

Why does it have to be first class? I was just a bit worried if i rang they'll ask how long its expected to take for me to obtain the further evidence but I'm not sure how long.

I've manage to find an email address from a webpage. Hopefully its not out of date.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.