× Members

Budgeting loans, Crisis loans and similar.

• Mad Hatter
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #57024 by Mad Hatter
Budgeting loans, Crisis loans and similar. was created by Mad Hatter
Is there any information on this website relating to budgeting loans, crisis loans and suchlike? I couldn't find any using the search bar. I'm wanting to know the best way to get them as last time (about a year ago) that I requested one of these, the person was very obstructive and patronising. I was having to pay the discretionary part of my Housing Benefit while waiting for a decision to be made about whether the Council would pay it. Consequently I didn't have enough money for food, but the man I spoke to said that it wasn't their job to provide rent money! I have to pay off some debts this month and I don't know if that will be enough of a reason to get a loan which I'll need for food. I also have to pay for a table and chairs as I'm still furnishing my unfurnished flat. Unlike many people, I didn't get any money for furnishing when I was forced out of my family home by violence. Does anyone know the best way to get either a budgeting or a crisis loan?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 week ago #57025 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Budgeting loans, Crisis loans and similar.

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 week ago #57027 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Budgeting loans, Crisis loans and similar.
This site also offers some good advice;

england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/paying...d_loans/crisis_loans

• pete17971
13 years 1 week ago #57028 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Budgeting loans, Crisis loans and similar.
Mad Hatter wrote:

Is there any information on this website relating to budgeting loans, crisis loans and suchlike? I couldn't find any using the search bar. I'm wanting to know the best way to get them as last time (about a year ago) that I requested one of these, the person was very obstructive and patronising. I was having to pay the discretionary part of my Housing Benefit while waiting for a decision to be made about whether the Council would pay it. Consequently I didn't have enough money for food, but the man I spoke to said that it wasn't their job to provide rent money! I have to pay off some debts this month and I don't know if that will be enough of a reason to get a loan which I'll need for food. I also have to pay for a table and chairs as I'm still furnishing my unfurnished flat. Unlike many people, I didn't get any money for furnishing when I was forced out of my family home by violence. Does anyone know the best way to get either a budgeting or a crisis loan?

Hi,

Sadly Budgeting/Crisis loans are beyond the scope of the benefits we deal with at B&W, hence there are no guides etc to these benefits.

Thre is info on thse loans/benefits on the Direct Gov website which is a good starting point, or alternatively your local CAB should be able to help.

Pete

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 week ago #57030 by RachelPotter

More
13 years 1 week ago #57099 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic Re: Budgeting loans, Crisis loans and similar.
Hi Mad Hatter. Cannot advise about loans etc but if you are in need of food see if there is a local salvation army where you live they will provide you with food. Otherwise go to social work they may have a idea of what other churches or organisations can help you with getting food.
Jenny

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris