× Members

Is falling asleep being unconscious ?

• Andy
12 years 11 months ago #57796 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Is falling asleep being unconscious ?
Hi, Rob

It’s important to look at the wording of the descriptors for Item 11. Although form ESA50 asks about “fits and blackouts” (and ATOS staff have probably been given inaccurate advice as well), that does NOT correspond to the descriptors... and ultimately this assessment process is all about the descriptors

The descriptors for item 11 all refer to how often you have an "involuntary episode of lost or altered consciousness resulting in significantly disrupted awareness or concentration"

Is that a fair description of what you suffer when fatigue overtakes you? If so, you need to present your evidence and argue your case.

Best wishes,
Andy.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #57799 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:Is falling asleep being unconscious ?
A girl in my local was on far more thyroid meds than me but still slept loads in the day. I recommended that she have a sleep study and suggested she had sleep apnea (which she'd never heard of) and she did, and she did :-) She now wears a CPAP at night and is wide awake during the day. A CPAP might suit you as it's an external device, you strap it on and it softly blows air into you. Have a sleep study done if you can, I'd say.

BB
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #57821 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:Is falling asleep being unconscious ?
"Sorry it has not been possible to publish your post.

Please see www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/forum-faq#deleted "
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by pete17971.
More
12 years 11 months ago #57911 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:Is falling asleep being unconscious ?
I find that now my GP has doubled the dose of Morphine I take, I'm having lapses of consciousness and finding myself in an 'altered state of awareness'(very Jim Morrison), would that come under the same heading?
More
12 years 11 months ago #57931 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:Is falling asleep being unconscious ?
Could you have a stoma? Think that's the right word, ie; have your bladder out and then be able to take meds for the thyroid? Just thinking of an alternative route for you to take that might help?
  • originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #57936 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Is falling asleep being unconscious ?
Judy wrote:

Could you have a stoma? Think that's the right word, ie; have your bladder out and then be able to take meds for the thyroid? Just thinking of an alternative route for you to take that might help?

:) I think you mean Catheter bag.....stoma is for number twos ;) the operation you talk of is serious surgery and I doubt anyone would carry it out for thyroid problems however bad
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.