× Members

ESA - I've got into the WRAG group (I think?!?)

More
12 years 10 months ago #59478 by Helen 47
Hi , its some time since i have been on this great site, and things have changed sooo much over the last 12 months with benefits . I have been getting IB for the past 7yrs and i am due for a review in a few days time - eeeeek !! . just been reading some post and i'm sorry but i dont no what WRAG -group is . I did have a medical last yr and i was given 12months , does anyone think i might need to have another medical this yr when i go onto ESA ? - Thankyou so much for your replies
Tilly :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #59485 by Gordon
Tilly / Westy

The Work Related Activity Group is for ESA claimants that the DWP believe will at some time be capable of working again.

As such you will be required to attend 5-6 Work Focussed Interviews, where your proscpects will be discussed and you may be required to carry out some work related activity, such as writing a CV, or training in areas such as interview technique.

WFIs are explained in the Pathways to Work guide in the Work section section of the Members area.

I want to stress that whilst you have to participate in this work related activity you are not required to seek work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 10 months ago #59488 by Helen 47
Thankyou Gordon ,
You have been a help . I think i had better get reading more on ESA -PHEW -I will no doubt be in touch soon with you wonderful people, on this site for advice Regards
Tilly T B)

More
12 years 10 months ago #59494 by Derek4
What does it mean to be in the WRAG?

Regulation 19(1) of the Employment and Support Allowance Regulations 2008 suggest that it's for people with limited capacity for work and 'the limitation is such that it is not reasonable to require the claimant to work'.

According to the DWP, it use to be for people who can do some work; then it became people who can work in the near future. I think the latest is, people who with the right help and support can begin the journey back to work.

I believe I heard on the BBC news that it's for people who are ready to start looking for work (and presumably turn a job offer down because they are not actually ready to work!).

According to some newspapers it's for people who are fit for work.

A classic game of Chinese Whispers!

More
12 years 10 months ago #59692 by Rosieposy
Congratulations Pompeylass!
I had to go to the dreaded Atos medical 10 days ago and thanks to this website I was prepared for all the little "traps" that were set. I am still puzzled by a "test" which involved me sitting with my eyes closed whilst they prodded me and asked me to tell them when they were touching me! I have osteoarthritis not some form of paralysis. Anyway, I received a brown envelope yesterday which told me I have also got into the WRAG group, and increasing my ESA payment accordingly. :lol:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.