× Members

DLA Renewal Do I contact them or do forms get sent

More
12 years 10 months ago #59918 by mandy76
Hi Betabet

A family member is due to have his DLA reviewd on 16 October and he received his forms about 2 weeks ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #59924 by peterjclive
hi jima1 thanks for your swift reply just found article DWP MEDICAL factual REPORTS a guide to completion march2011 it states GP should return form for ESA within 5 days and DLA within 10 days this information has been very useful to me best wishes peter

• Betabet
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #59959 by Betabet
Thanks for all the replies. When I go to re-apply I will wait to nearer the expiry date I think. I have another question, this will be my third time re-applying but the past two applications were filled up by a welfare rights officer from a city centre lawyers. I phoned them last week to make an appointment to see her only to be told she has left! I do not have a copy of past applications (I was not given copies) and strangely enough the lawyers say they do not have copies, and won't tell me where the Welfare Rights officer has moved to.

More
12 years 9 months ago #62919 by davewood
I said I would let you know how my tribunal went 27 July - unfortunately it has been cancelled for the 3rd time which is so annoying!! The same excuse from the Tribunal service as last time is that they can't find panel members that have not met before - I live in London which seems inplausable to me. I requested urgent care help 2 1/2 years ago (My GP suppor5ted my claim for highr care and higher mobility). I have almost lost hope that I will ever get any formal help now. This is obviously just another stress for me as I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and all this paperwork etc. is driving me mad! I do not feel I should be treated in this shabby way. My last personal care allowance has recently also been taken away since I sent a detailed DLA form in. Is there any way I can complain about the Tribunal Service who now says it could be another two months!!

More
12 years 9 months ago #62923 by Gordon
rockingglass

The following link explains how to complain about the Tribunal Service.

www.justice.gov.uk/global/complaints/hmcts/

Good Luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #62971 by davewood
Thank you Gordon. I'll read through this tomorrow.
Many thanks for your reply.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.