× Members

ESA sicknote ran out

More
12 years 10 months ago #60003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA sicknote ran out
Just Me

Fit Notes can be issued for periods longer than a week, for example, when I required them I asked the doctor to write them for three months. They can be longer, inluding an idefinite timescale.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #60004 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:ESA sicknote ran out
Oh thank god for that. Our GP surgery is almost impossible to get hold of these day.

Thanks for that info. :)

• Jox
  • Topic Author
12 years 10 months ago #60011 by Jox
Replied by Jox on topic Re:ESA sicknote ran out
my gp write them for 3 months i would like a longer one but i feel awkward asking as i suffer from anxiety also! today for the 1st time i mentioned my depression and anxiety to my gp! hes prescribed me some meds and im really excited to try them have suffered from anxiety for years and never had the courage to speak to my gp! really looking foward to trying the medication which is naproxen

• millymoo
12 years 10 months ago #60012 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:ESA sicknote ran out
Hi

Just a thought!!! When i had to get fit notes i made sure i got a photocopy as DWP claimed on several occasions that they hadn't received it. It saved a lot of time and it also meant i didn't have to make another appointment with your Dr which could have been quite lengthy. If you don't have means to photocopy your fit note ask at your Dr surgery to see if they will copy it for you. Also as your surgery has now changed to appointment only it would be worth asking about emergency appointments. I would hope that if you needed to see a Dr urgently that they should be able to fit you in on the same day. The way the surgery that i attend works is if i call in the morning they will see me at some point in the morning and same if i call in the afternoon, i will always be seen on the same day as there is always a Dr in the practise to cover this function. I never use the emergancy appointments unless its essential but at least i am aware that they are there if you need them.

Mm :) xx

More
12 years 10 months ago #60013 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA sicknote ran out
Hi Just Me

At my surgery it is possible to ask for a sick note in a telephone appointment and then collect it from the surgery. The nurse can also write a temporary sick note.

I suspect each practice have their own rules so it's worth asking.

Derek

More
12 years 10 months ago #60016 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA sicknote ran out
millymoo wrote:

Hi

Just a thought!!! When i had to get fit notes i made sure i got a photocopy as DWP claimed on several occasions that they hadn't received it. It saved a lot of time and it also meant i didn't have to make another appointment with your Dr which could have been quite lengthy. If you don't have means to photocopy your fit note ask at your Dr surgery to see if they will copy it for you. Also as your surgery has now changed to appointment only it would be worth asking about emergency appointments. I would hope that if you needed to see a Dr urgently that they should be able to fit you in on the same day. The way the surgery that i attend works is if i call in the morning they will see me at some point in the morning and same if i call in the afternoon, i will always be seen on the same day as there is always a Dr in the practise to cover this function. I never use the emergancy appointments unless its essential but at least i am aware that they are there if you need them.

Mm :) xx

Hi Mm

Does the DWP accept photocopies of sick notes?

I thought they now insist on originals?

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.