× Members

wrag

More
12 years 9 months ago #60682 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:wrag
Whilst I'm able to get about with walking aides, (although I can't manage more than a few metres at a time), I don't have a carer as such, but my friend who happens to flat share with me does do most things for me; Are you asking whether your carer can attend interviews / medicals with you? if so, then the answer is yes, if you have to attend an Atos medical during the migration it will of course go in your favour having a carer, it will show the doctor how much you depend on her, and inevitably score you those valuable points, however I got put into the support group without having an official carer, so don't be put off either way. Those of us that genuinely are disabled need never fear the migration process, you can do a self assessment for yourself using the guides on this site, it is a only a guide but will give you an idea of what you may get in the way of points.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60729 by darrenay
Replied by darrenay on topic Re:wrag
thanks lyn
i just think its all wrong whats happening to genuine disabled people, to me it seems as though atos are tuning us into sheep just deciding which pens they should put us in

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #60732 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:wrag
Lyn wrote:

Whilst I'm able to get about with walking aides, (although I can't manage more than a few metres at a time), I don't have a carer as such, but my friend who happens to flat share with me does do most things for me; Are you asking whether your carer can attend interviews / medicals with you? if so, then the answer is yes, if you have to attend an Atos medical during the migration it will of course go in your favour having a carer, it will show the doctor how much you depend on her, and inevitably score you those valuable points, however I got put into the support group without having an official carer, so don't be put off either way. Those of us that genuinely are disabled need never fear the migration process, you can do a self assessment for yourself using the guides on this site, it is a only a guide but will give you an idea of what you may get in the way of points.

Hi I haven't posted for awhile due to really bad health flair.

Lyn I am pleased that you where put in the support group, however I think your advice that "genuinely disabled" people need not worry about the migration process is neither accurate nor helpful, as proven by reading facts on this, and other sites.

This is further proven by the number of claiments disallowed benefit.

I don't think that people would be worried if it was a genuine assessment but it is not, unfortunately it can be down to pure luck, or down to the ATOS HCP that you get.

I am "genuinely disabled", and I am very worried, even though I have a 100 page dosier ready to send with my ESA50 when it arrives.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Quote moved to top for uniformity.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60801 by darrenay
Replied by darrenay on topic Re:wrag
hi bro58
thanks for that, the problem we "genuine disabled" people have is that i think that ATOS see us all as non genuine disabled and we have got to prove we are genuine disabled, plus the fact that the media are stiring up this anti-disabled paranoia and the genuine non-disabled people beleive what is being said, nobody seems to be bothered about the real truth

More
12 years 9 months ago #60805 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:wrag
I'm sorry I used the wording "genuine disabled", I was writing from my own experiences, I underwent an Atos medical recently, I was terrified I wouldn't be believed, but I needn't have been, the evidence that I had plus the examination that had to be cut short (due to pain) was sufficient, I was quite rude to the doctor, making me try to do things I just physically couldn't, so I thought that I'd blown any chance of a positive outcome, however, as stated previously, I was put into the support group, and have now received a copy of the medical report, the doctor had observed every little detail, and had written it all in the report, even down to the fact I had dropped my tissue and couldn't pick it up; The doctor that saw me was in her late 20's Polish and quite arrogant, very off putting, and yet the one I'd seen 15 months earlier was mid 40's upbeat and didn't even try to examine me, he put me in the WRAG....so you see, there are different types of doctors, but it all boils down to the evidence of your condition, and how you portray yourself at the medical, so I'm sorry if I offended any one out there, but at the end of the day if you think you haven't been treated fairly, then report it, you can get the info you need for that at the reception desk of medical centre. If my posts are neither accurate nor helpful, then don't read them!
PS I am genuinely disabled.

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #60850 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:wrag
Lyn
wrote:

I'm sorry I used the wording "genuine disabled", I was writing from my own experiences, I underwent an Atos medical recently, I was terrified I wouldn't be believed, but I needn't have been, the evidence that I had plus the examination that had to be cut short (due to pain) was sufficient, I was quite rude to the doctor, making me try to do things I just physically couldn't, so I thought that I'd blown any chance of a positive outcome, however, as stated previously, I was put into the support group, and have now received a copy of the medical report, the doctor had observed every little detail, and had written it all in the report, even down to the fact I had dropped my tissue and couldn't pick it up; The doctor that saw me was in her late 20's Polish and quite arrogant, very off putting, and yet the one I'd seen 15 months earlier was mid 40's upbeat and didn't even try to examine me, he put me in the WRAG....so you see, there are different types of doctors, but it all boils down to the evidence of your condition, and how you portray yourself at the medical, so I'm sorry if I offended any one out there, but at the end of the day if you think you haven't been treated fairly, then report it, you can get the info you need for that at the reception desk of medical centre. If my posts are neither accurate nor helpful, then don't read them!
PS I am genuinely disabled.

Lyn,

It would appear that you have taken my comments as a personal attack, this is not the case.

I was driven to comment because I thought that your statement was inaccurate and could cause upset to other members.

The statement "Genuinely disabled people need never fear the migration process", is one that I would have expected from government spin doctors or ATOS,with the intent of making people think the WCA is a fair and factual assessment. (I'm sure you would agree,it is not,) therfore lulling them into a false security.

Surely you can see that this statement would be very distressing to the numerous disabled people on this site who have suffered at the hands of ATOS, and there are some horrendous accounts on B&W, and other sites of such suffering . It implies that because they received an errant descision, that they are not genuinely disabled.

Further the fact you yourself joined this site would indicate that you too had concerns regarding the migration, and rightly so.

You apologised in the quoted post, which is the right thing to do, we can all write silly things without enough thought sometimes. However you spoilt the whole tone of the post by writing at the end "If my posts are neither accurate nor helpful, then don't read them!"

I have been a member for several years, and never had cross words with other members, let us remember here this is a fee paying site, not a free open forum, thus members have a right to read all posts, and comment, discuss, advise and offer support on said posts.

I will continue to do this without any prejudice against other members.

I will not get involved in "Tit for Tat" postings, it is counter productive, and against the spirit and ethos of B&W. We must all stick together. There are many free open forums on the net where I could get involved in arguements if I felt the need.

Be assured I have nothing against you,how can I have as I don't know you. I feel no animosity, therefore I consider this matter closed.

You of course have the right to reply if you feel it necessary.

All the best

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.