× Members

WRAG/MP

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #63151 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:WRAG/MP
cmarie510 wrote:

Hello,

I've now got the GL24 which I will fill in today.

Could anyone tell me if, after receipt of my form, what rate do they pay you at? Will they continue with the WRAG-rate that I have now been given?

Thanks again,
cmarie

Hi CM,

Yes, they will continue to pay you at WRAG rate, either until your decision is changed at reconsideration, which is done automatically on appeal.

Or if no change at reconsideration stage, right up until your actual Tribunal Appeal.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #63152 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:WRAG/MP
As you are appealing against the decision not to be placed in the support group, you will continue to be paid at the WRAG rate at least until the appeal is heard. Thereafter if your appeal is successful, you will be paid at the SG rate and will receive the arrears, which is the difference between the WRAG rate and the SG rate.

In addition, if you are in receipt of means-tested benefits you may qualify for the enhanced disability premium, if you are not receiving it already with the higher rate care component of DLA?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #63153 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:WRAG/MP
juliette wrote:

I emailed my MP who is Bob Ainsworth. Grant,he sent me a letter within two days of contact,but said he could not do anything and just stapled a leaflet to the letter! My medical is 12th Aug. Maybe I should have waited for the appeal date,because from what I have read on here,no doubt I will have to go down that dreaded route. I see it as,if he is going to have that attitude now,then what chance do I have on appeal? :unsure:

Juliette

The MP works for you, I would contact him again and remind him of that fact also tell him the local press are always interested in any MP not helping people

also speak to the local party staff they will remind him for you

he has a duty of care even if you voted for the other side :) IMO give him hell

there is a chance a junior member of staff answered the post ..not knowing how serious questions and request for help on benefits rates council tax and medical are from members of the public they work for are its what he is paid to do

More
12 years 9 months ago #63164 by cmarie510
Thank you Derek.

More
12 years 9 months ago #63165 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:WRAG/MP
Hello Bro58,

Thanks again for knowing the answer and filling me in. In the future I hope to be able to help as many people as you have; well, hopefully some.

Kindest regards,
cmarie

More
12 years 9 months ago #63173 by Derek4
cmarie510 wrote:

Thank you Derek.

What for?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.