× Members

Attending medical with no questionnaire

• Graham
12 years 8 months ago #64655 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re:Attending medical with no questionnaire
Doesn't the ESA50 have a section to enter dates when one is inavailable for a medical? I know the IB50 did. Seems silly issuing dates when they might clash with one inavailability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #64657 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Attending medical with no questionnaire
Yes, it is on page 2 of the ESA50.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #64675 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Attending medical with no questionnaire
Not that Atos take any notice of it!

More
12 years 8 months ago #64679 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Attending medical with no questionnaire
I wouldn't put it past Atos to purposely arrange the appointment for a medical assessment, on a date when a claimant says that they are unavailable!

I wonder if anyone has said that they would not be available for a medical assessment in the next three months, due to illness?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #64686 by marcali
Replied by marcali on topic Re:Attending medical with no questionnaire
This is today's update to yesterday's posting...

I called ATOS and they said that the appointment for the medical assessment was raised because 1 month after they sent me my questionnaire they sent a MED3 form to my GP. When he returned it they looked at that, decided I wasn't exempt so sent me a medical assessment despite the fact I hadn't sent back my questionnaire.

I asked when they wanted my questionnaire back as I am still within the 3 week extension I was given by the mythical DWP office / employee (and I am hoping for even more time). I was told frankly just to bring it with me to the appointment as the appointment is imminent. I was told nothing would happen to my benefits as they are have a date set for my Assessment. I was also told frankly that if I sent in my questionnaire to the Wembley ATOS office there is a good chance it wouldn't make it to the Croyden office in time for my assessment.

More
12 years 8 months ago #64687 by marcali
Replied by marcali on topic Re:Attending medical with no questionnaire
Crazydiamond wrote:

I wouldn't put it past Atos to purposely arrange the appointment for a medical assessment, on a date when a claimant says that they are unavailable!

I wonder if anyone has said that they would not be available for a medical assessment in the next three months, due to illness?

Today when I called ATOS I tried to defer my 26 August appointment because in September I am embarking on a 6 week programme for chronic illness which requires quite a bit of attendance. I asked if I could push the date forward. I was told it was not likely that I could defer it for more than a few weeks as ATOS have targets from the DWP in which to see people. If that person is not seen soon then the file would be returned to the DWP as a failure and ATOS don't meet their target.

He also said that they only have appointments about 3 weeks ahead because of these targets.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.