× Members

Put in WRAG

• neilw
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73262 by neilw
Put in WRAG was created by neilw
Hi i atended ESA transferred from IB medical a few weeks ago. I recieved dreaded envelope yesterday. I am gutted placed in the WRAG group. I suffer with heart probs, arthritis, astma,biplar and on more than 20 meds a day.

The letter doesnt even say how long i will be on this for.

How do i find out the time i will be on this.

If i appeal do i need sick note from doctor, or how do i get report from medical. Will this tell me how long in WRAG group.

What will happen if i appeal, i recieve dla mobility; will this be affected.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #73263 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Put in WRAG
neilw wrote:

Hi i atended ESA transferred from IB medical a few weeks ago. I recieved dreaded envelope yesterday. I am gutted placed in the WRAG group. I suffer with heart probs, arthritis, astma,biplar and on more than 20 meds a day.

The letter doesnt even say how long i will be on this for.

How do i find out the time i will be on this.

If i appeal do i need sick note from doctor, or how do i get report from medical. Will this tell me how long in WRAG group.

What will happen if i appeal, i recieve dla mobility; will this be affected.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Neil

Hi NW,

Sorry to hear that you have been placed into the WRAG, rather than the support group, which you feel that you qualify for.

Firstly, you need to make written request to the Decision Maker, at the address on your WRAG award letter, for your ESA85 medical report, and any other documentation used to come to the WRAG decision.

Keep copies of all correspondence, and it may also be prudent to post by recorded delivery. ( you could back this request up with a phone call to try and speed it up, however I would not rely on phone contact alone)

The ESA85 should contain the "prognosis" recommended length of WRAG award, and also reasons why you were put in WRAG.

As you have been awarded ESA WRAG, you would not have to provide sick notes if you decided to appeal, as you are not classed as "fit for work".

Also whilst appealing you would still receive the WRAG rate of ESA until either the decision is changed at automatic reconsideration stage, or if not then, at the Tribunal Hearing.

There is some risk involved in appealing WRAG to SG, see here. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/general#risk

See here also on appealing. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=70444#70446

And here. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...imit=6&start=6#70860

It may also be prudent to read this thread and Steve's comments re appealing. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...mit=6&start=12#73223

DLA is a totally seperate allowance to ESA, however it has been known for DWP Decision Makers to use ESA medical reports in evidence to review DLA and visa versa.

This is why it is important to gain your ESA85 so that you can challenge any errant comments.

cheers.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by bro58.

• neilw
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73633 by neilw
Replied by neilw on topic Re:Put in WRAG
Hi Bro, Rang DWP last friday requesting ESA85. They said it should arrive shortly.

However had a consultation with surgeon who has put me on waiting list for an operation approx 16 weeks.

There is then min 6 weeks on crutches plus long rehab.

While i am on WRAG can they still call me to a WIF interview.

Many Thanks

Neil

More
12 years 5 months ago #73637 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Put in WRAG
See FAQs.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• neilw
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73654 by neilw
Replied by neilw on topic Re:ESA85 points
The ESA85 should contain the "prognosis" recommended length of WRAG award, and also reasons why you were put in WRAG

I recieved ESA85 there was no explanation of prognosis, or recommended length of award just a sheet for physical assesment with a table with questions 1-10 1 line with atos healthcare professional score.

Same for Mental and cognitive function
with a list of activities 11-17.

I scored low on physical despite many problems, but over 20 points on Mental side, as mentioned above.

There was no letter from consultant who i had been seeing and gave atos when i saw them.

I am not sure what to do no explanation prognosis, time or why put on apart from descriptor question score.

How do i find out how long on wrag for. I have scored late 20s in points for bothbut not sure if i shouls appeal or not. As mentioned earlier in thread operation due in next 3 months long recovery for physical op. Sorry for long question

Neil

More
12 years 5 months ago #73655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Put in WRAG
Neil

The document you are descibing sounds more like an ESA65 than an ESA85, the latter, is normally in excess of 10 double sided pages.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.