× Members

What to do ?

• bro58
12 years 4 weeks ago #84183 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:What to do ?
Noodles wrote:

I tried ringing that number. Finally managed to get through to the DLA dept in Blackpool. Got told all my data had arrived including my GPs support letter,I was also told it was now in the hand of someone called a 'decision maker' who I gather has the final say ?

Not sure I can take anymore really now,its 4 months since I sent the original DLA forms in,during that time my fall has all but wiped me out. Im on 20 mg Oxycodine tablets twice a day for the cronic pain,also on Amitriptoline now to calm me down and help me sleep. I can only hope common sense prevails now,and the right decision is finally made.

Good luck to you all.

Hi N,

The Decision Maker is indeed the person who will make the decision on your DLA award.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer now.

Cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #84331 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Re:What to do ?
Well,after 4 long months of pain,suffering and being worried to death almost,Mr Postman finally delivered the verdict today. As you all know my DLA was put under scrutiny by being re-assessed under the 'Right Payment' programme, and loo and behold it seems my deteriating condition and subsequent fall last Christmas persueded those who hold all the strings to keep my DLA as it was,HRM and MRC for an Indefinate period. I do however have a few questions.

1. How does this decision effect my Invalidity benefit, as today letter from Blackpool contained nothing about this specifically ?

2. Do I need to ask for any reports for further reference,eg,my ATOS medical report,anmd the decision makers report ect ??

3. When the changover comes fromm DLA to PIP,will todays ruling count for anything ?

Many thanks for all the help,the way this goverment is going about things it looks like this is just the start of things to come ?

Over to you.

• bro58
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #84333 by bro58
Noodles wrote:

Well,after 4 long months of pain,suffering and being worried to death almost,Mr Postman finally delivered the verdict today. As you all know my DLA was put under scrutiny by being re-assessed under the 'Right Payment' programme, and loo and behold it seems my deteriating condition and subsequent fall last Christmas persueded those who hold all the strings to keep my DLA as it was,HRM and MRC for an Indefinate period. I do however have a few questions.

1. How does this decision effect my Invalidity benefit, as today letter from Blackpool contained nothing about this specifically ?

2. Do I need to ask for any reports for further reference,eg,my ATOS medical report,anmd the decision makers report ect ??

3. When the changover comes fromm DLA to PIP,will todays ruling count for anything ?

Many thanks for all the help,the way this goverment is going about things it looks like this is just the start of things to come ?

Over to you.

Hi N,

It's good to hear that you have finaly received a positive decision on your DLA review.

1. DLA and IB are two totally seperate benefits/allowances, so there should be no direct effect.

You can still expect to be migrated over from IB to ESA anytime between now and Spring 2014.

2. It would do no harm to request the medical report and documentation that you mention, and may give you more insight into how and why you still qualify for your DLA awards. It may also be of help when you are migrated over to ESA.

3. All working age recipients of DLA will be migrated over to PIP, from October 2013, even if they have Indefinate or Life Awards, see :

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

&

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/benefits-news/story/489

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by bro58. Reason: ESA to DLA

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #84338 by Noodles
Thanks Bro.

My wife and I just did the PIP test on my behalf. We got it too around 32 points, but that is based on how we see it, and not an ATOS doctor or whoever else will actually decide,so...who does decide the PIP assessment please?

Re tranfer from IB to ESA :

Will this now happen automatically,or will we have to go through the medical ATOS visit again or whatever ?

Thanks again btw

• bro58
12 years 3 weeks ago #84339 by bro58
Noodles wrote:

Thanks Bro.

My wife and I just did the PIP test on my behalf. We got it too around 32 points, but that is based on how we see it, and not an ATOS doctor or whoever else will actually decide,so...who does decide the PIP assessment please?

Re tranfer from IB to ESA :

Will this now happen automatically,or will we have to go through the medical ATOS visit again or whatever ?

Thanks again btw

Hi N,

It is likely to be ATOS doing the PIP Assessments, this may or may not include a "medical".

Some claimants are placed into either the WRAG or Support Group of ESA without the need of a face to face (medical) assessment on "paper scrutiny" only, on being migrated over to ESA.

However, nearly all claimants being migrated over will have to fill in an ESA50.

You may wish to review :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

ESA FAQ’s

ESA Guides

In anticipation of your ESA migration.

You can familiarise yourself with the ESA50 here :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

bro58

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #84365 by Noodles
Some cracking info there Bro.

Forgive me for asking as I cannot seem to find this but do you have any insight if the change over from IB to ESA is picked out at random again,just like the 'right paymant programme'perhaps,or is it a more contructed series of events such as how long a person has been on IB which will eventually determine when the first Brown envolope arrives regarding the IB to ESA change over ?
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.