× Members

ESA50 Going out question

More
12 years 1 month ago #83916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50 Going out question
Lady_in_bed wrote:

I'm surprised this hasnt been noted in the guides to be honest, perhaps they might add something?
It must be an error on the form but its on both the online and the paper forms just the same.

I'm feeling a bit like a guinea pig being an early ib to esa and we will have to take all the mistakes that will being made

I'm afraid that it is not an error, the current ESA50 has now been in place for a year, and contains many more examples where the form does not accurately represent the ESA descriptos, there are even two Support Group descriptors which are not even referred to on the form.

I have checked the ESA Mental Health claim guide and both sets of tick boxes are covered, bottom of page 49 and top of page 50, so is there some additional advice that you believe should be included?

thanks

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daisy2911
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83974 by Daisy2911
Replied by Daisy2911 on topic Re:ESA50 Going out question
Lady_in_bed wrote:

Hi there,

I am confused. I'm trying to fill in the ESA50 as an IB to ESA application.

On question 15 of 'Going out' it asks

Can you leave home and go out to places you
know if someone goes with you?
Y, N, or It varies

Can you leave home on your own and go to
places you don’t know?
Usually, Not very often, It varies

What a stupid choice of tick boxes or is it just me? I would want to select No for the 2nd question but there is no option to, not of them suit me. there should be a no option on there surely, could this be a miss print?

Hi,
Im currently filling out my ESA form & came across this problem too... I decided to tick 'Not Very Often', as there wasn't the option of 'No' - but in the box I've written - "I would like to state, I've had to tick "not very often", as there was no other option for me. I would have ticked "No", as that is the true answer, but that option wasn't available"
I then continued writing about my difficulties (which is severe agoraphobia & other things)..... I felt that I had to tick a box, but explain my reasons, instead of leaving the boxes unticked.
Have to say, the stress this ESA process is causing me is immense :(
Really hope this has helped a little...
Best wishes, Debra x
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #84003 by Lady_in_bed
Replied by Lady_in_bed on topic Re:ESA50 Going out question
Hi Gordon,

I still think its a printing error that they havent bothered to change, to me it looks like they got the tick boxes swapped around by mistake, as if you cant go out with someone you know how could you go out alone.
Which 2 support group descripters are not referred to on the essa50 Gordon? I thought there were some missing!

I checked the guide again and still couldnt find any reference to the actual 2nd question in that one but I was reading the guide again last night while filling in a bit more of the form and noticed there was a mention about this kind of set of tick boxes, I think on pg29 although it wasnt specifically about this particular one.

It might be helpful to note in the guide on that question that it is a confusing tick box set just as you have on pg29 and suggest altering the form and state why in the box below. Even though its mentioned earlier some people may not see it like I didn't which lead me to the forum to ask

The guides are very helpful and very thoughtfully done. No wonder it took so long to do them there is so much to go through with the new ESA, so much confusion, but you have done a great job.
I have to admit though that I filled in all the DLA forms myself twice with no help from anyone, just searched the net for information and never thought I would get it but amazingly I did. I like to do things myself. BUT this time I felt it necessary to join here as a member because with the benefits system being in such turmoil if there was ever a time I needed to join its now.
The guides are in one place and this has to cut down on at least some of the stress this process causes. I'm trying to keep calm but I have no idea what the outcome is going to be with my ib/is/sda transfer to esa, I am not confident at all of it being successful but I just have to try and get by each day at a time

I am preparing to request a home assessment on the ESA50 if I have to have one, I really don't know what I will do if they refuse. I don't want to ask my dr for a back up letter because she just offers me diasipan to take if I need to go out which I don't want to do as this makes me very sick and dizzy and I have nightmares. Agoraphobia isnt my only problem, I have other conditions on top

I have felt my health deteriorating though since this re assessment started. I'm trying to get the form finished and posted because if I end up in hospital it wont get done

If I end up losing ESA completely or get put in the wrag group will I lose the sda and disability premium too?
and if I end up in the wrag group what will happen after a year? will I still be able to stay in the wrag group if my finances are less than 16k? or do I lose esa completely after 12 months?

Mod edit: Although this post has been approved, can you please ensure future posts are considerably shorter in both length and content.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: See above.

More
12 years 1 month ago #84006 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA50 Going out question
It is very difficult to get a home visit for the WCA, you really do need to try and get backing from your GP or consultant.

After 12 months in the WRAG your beneift will stop if your savings/income are too high for income related benefit. this is a partner who works more than 24 hours per week and/or earns more than about £150 per week. You also lose entitlement with £1600 savings, although ESA would be reduced on a sliding scale if you had more than £6000.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #84009 by Lady_in_bed
Replied by Lady_in_bed on topic Re:ESA50 Going out question
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback

Sorry for the long post before, I'll keep it in check in future :)

What would happen to the sda if I get put into the wrag group? will that go too?

More
12 years 1 month ago #84010 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA50 Going out question
I had a nasty moment there - my comp crashed and I couldn't get back into the site!

I'm afraid that I am not au fait with the premiums, hopefully someone will be along soon to help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.