× Members

Appeal advice needed re flawed assessment.

• sunbeam75
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #84274 by sunbeam75
Hi,
Received my WCA result today, scored 24 points, 6 in mobilising, 200 metres etc, 9 in standing and sitting, the rest I cannot fathom as there are no figures shown. The assessment was flawed with only a very cursory physical examination and I was not asked to remove any items of clothing. It took place with me wearing an anorak over my normal indoor clothes. I did not remove my shoes at any time. In the verbal part of the assessment the Nurse only asked me about 30% of the questions she should have done in relation to my conditions and the evidence I supplied. The assessment form compiled by her makes no mention of serious mobility problems with arthritis in one leg and no mention of the fact I walk with a stick. The assessment was digitally recorded and she mentions the stick on a number of occasions during the assessment. My ankle joint was very swollen and painful and this was described as a swollen calf due to a recent dvt, my calf is not swollen, just the ankle. I did not receive any points in reaching, even though I have quite significant neck problems with supporting medical evidence and did say on the esa50 that I cannot raise either arm above my head. In Manual dexterity I scored by not being able to use a keyboard or mouse etc.. but I cannot write as I cannot hold a pen, pick up a pound coin etc…(I have severe atrophy of both hands, again no mention on form) a fact she acknowledged in writing on the assessment, she said the pen was held in my right hand when I made my mark, I was actually holding the pen with my left and holding my left hand with my right. I have been placed in the WRAG group, even though she has written: “Medical evidence, history and examination indicates the client is unlikely to return to work in the longer term” “Musculoskeletal problems suggests that that their functional ability will only deteriorate in the foreseeable future”.

Any thoughts on appeal to support group based on the assessment and her written opinion.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #84275 by Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.