× Members

Just over a week to send off ESA50 now

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #84667 by Lady_in_bed
Replied by Lady_in_bed on topic Re:Just over a week to send off ESA50 now
What should I say when asking for a note from my GP for the home assessment? I don't know how to explain it

I have to ask today really as even if they agree it might take a while for them to do it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #84669 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Just over a week to send off ESA50 now
Lady_in_bed wrote:

What should I say when asking for a note from my GP for the home assessment? I don't know how to explain it

I have to ask today really as even if they agree it might take a while for them to do it

Explain your situation, that you have been asked to attend a medical, which you do not feel capable of doing, and would they be willing to support you by providing a letter to ATOS confirming that you require a home visit and why they believe this is needed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #84672 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re: Just over a week to send off ESA50 now
I don't know if this helps but one of my prescriptions was not on my list so I photocopied the box of tablets with the label attached, also wonderd if it is worth phoning the chemist to ask if they can print off a list of prescribed medication, it will be on their system. I know how draining it is filling in the form, when I did mine I only managed half a page a day. Mods I was wondering if lady in bed was to phone atos saying that she will return the form on time but as her health has deteriorated due to filling in the form she might not be able to complete it and also due to the deterioration a home visit would now be required, if it is taking three months approx from form return to medical there might be enough time to sort this out.
I hope things sort themselves out 'lady'
best wishes
HM
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #84673 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:Just over a week to send off ESA50 now
On re reading the first section LIB is referring to filling out her ESA50 form and getting in a bit of a tiz waz with it. This needs the help in filling it out rather than worrying about a ATOS medical, which is further down the line.
LIB mentions being to far away from a CAB/Welfare assistance officer and this is where a home visit is really required to assist filling out the forms correctly with the correct additional paperwork and this is where the legal obligation is to assist under welfare rights to support a person who is unable to deal with situations beyond control.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #84682 by Lady_in_bed
Replied by Lady_in_bed on topic Re:Just over a week to send off ESA50 now
Thanks, I will call them in a minute because I'll just keep worrying about it otherwise.
When you say write a letter to ATOS do I have to give the GP the address to send it themselves or should she do the letter to Atos and give it to me to send with my form? I would prefer to send it with my form as I can photocopy it and I'll know its gone.
Should I give them the address on my pre-addressed envelope they sent with my ESA50 form?

I have heard that gps charge about £40-£45 for letters do you think its reasonable for my GP to charge me for a letter such as this?

When you say you always need a Letter from GP for a home assessment would this include the ESA85 that the GP fills in as they ask 'could this patient attend an assessment in a taxi?' As if she doesnt want to write a letter I could specifically ask her to consider my agoraphobia and other things and why I know I cant go to the assessment centre. Would this also be acceptable to Atos?
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #84684 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: Just over a week to send off ESA50 now
hassled mum wrote:

Mods I was wondering if lady in bed was to phone atos saying that she will return the form on time but as her health has deteriorated due to filling in the form she might not be able to complete

I'm afraid the problem with this idea is assumes that the phone call would be noted, that the information would be passed to the ATOS "doctor", that they would take any notice of it, if they did that they would record this information if the claimants file, that the DWP Decision Maker would notice this entry, that they would pay any attention to it. :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.