× Members

IB TO ESA information from DWP

More
11 years 2 months ago #100077 by william88
Replied by william88 on topic IB TO ESA information from DWP
When I recieve letter from DWP I will update topic.
Misterm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100078 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB TO ESA information from DWP

misterm wrote: 28/02/2013 - Telephoned Atos to check on progress of IB To ESA claim - they told me my file had been closed and returned to DWP for Decision.They said It was not necessary on this occasion to attend for in person medical assessment.
28/02/2013 - Telephoned DWP who told me letter was in post to me.I was informed that I had been placed in support group and would be reassessed in 18 months.
I will need to wait confirmation letter before I can be sure of the Decision-but it looks hopefull.
Big thankyou to B&W for the information,support and encouragement.The resources available on this site are so helpful when putting together a claim pack.The individuals who share their experiences so we can all learn,and of cource the sign posting,guidance and sensitivity of the moderators.
misterm

Hi m,

That really does sound positive !!

I won't "go the full hog" just yet with the celebrations, as you may know some of our members have been victims of cruel misinformation, given over the phone.

Let us know when you receive written notification, then we can "celebrate"

Thanks for keeping us updated, and for your kind comments regarding all at B&W. :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100082 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB TO ESA information from DWP
That sounds very hopeful! Fingers crossed that you get the official decision soon and that it confirms what you have been told.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: william88

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100196 by william88
04/03/2013
I recieved formal written notification today from DWP that my benefit is changing to Employment and Support Allowance and that I have been placed in the Support Group. Feeling very relieved.
The letter recieved was from Basildon Benefit Centre-Any further enquiries should be addressed to this office-previously and for many years had been dealt with by watford B C.
Is it correct i should write asking for copies of
ESA 85A
LT54
ESA72
This information should give me some background to ATOS & DWP Decision making re grounds for award/prognosis/next assessment date.Can you please advise that I have understood this correctly.
My Age is 61.8 for your information - state pension due at 65.
Thankyou
misterm
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #100199 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB TO ESA information from DWP

misterm wrote: 04/03/2013
I recieved formal written notification today from DWP that my benefit is changing to Employment and Support Allowance and that I have been placed in the Support Group. Feeling very relieved.
The letter recieved was from Basildon Benefit Centre-Any further enquiries should be addressed to this office-previously and for many years had been dealt with by watford B C.
Is it correct i should write asking for copies of
ESA 85A
LT54
ESA72
This information should give me some background to ATOS & DWP Decision making re grounds for award/prognosis/next assessment date.Can you please advise that I have understood this correctly.
My Age is 61.8 for your information - state pension due at 65.
Thankyou
misterm

Hi m,

So now you have it confirmed in writing !!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yes, there will definitely be an ESA85A and an LT54. There may be an ESA72.

The ESA85A,and/or the LT54 should contain the prognosis, and give you an indication of how and why you were placed into The SG.

To cover all bases it may be best to request all documentation used in coming to the decision.

Here is a list of potentially available : ESA Forms

See also : ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

If you want to make this request formal, you could use a SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

You could request the above over the phone, but some members have had problems in doing this, only.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago #100204 by william88
Thankyou for your reply-I will write formally requesting this information. I will update as and when there is some progress with my request.
Good Luck to other members.
Misterm

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.