× Members

Continuation of payment of ESA (CB) after a year

More
11 years 5 months ago #94439 by Pipp
I'm confused by Nella mentioning need to provide financial info to DWP. Is Support group ESA means tested?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #94442 by bro58
PC wrote:

I'm confused by Nella mentioning need to provide financial info to DWP. Is Support group ESA means tested?

Hi PC,

Don't confuse the group of ESA that you may be placed in,(WRAG or SG) with the type of ESA that you are entitled to, This could be Income Related ESA in The WRAG or SG, or Contribution Based ESA in The WRAG or SG, or indeed both IR ESA and CB ESA in either group.

If any part of your ESA is Income Related then you will have to provide financial details, and pass a "Means Test" just as you would with the old Income Support.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 5 months ago #94448 by Pipp
Thanks bro

So if I succeed in my appeal from CB WRAG to Support Group, will I be means tested? I know I won't qualify for means tested benefit, so if that is the case I might as well not waste any more of my already stressful life on the seemingly futile and time consuming process.

PC

More
11 years 5 months ago #94452 by Gordon
PC wrote:

Being placed in the Support Group entitles a claimant to the Enhanced Disability Premium if they also qualify for ESA(IR), so most ESA(CB) claimants in the SG should expect to receive an ESA3 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #94455 by Pipp
Thanks,Gordon

Is ESA 3 a form to claim income related benefit. If I didn't want to apply for IR ESA. Would CB ESA support group payments be time limited?

PC
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 5 months ago #94457 by Gordon
PC wrote:

Thanks,Gordon

Is ESA 3 a form to claim income related benefit. If I didn't want to apply for IR ESA. Would CB ESA support group payments be time limited?

PC

As Bro58 has already posted, you are confusing the group you are in, the type of ESA you are receiving, and the time limiting of ESA(CB), these are all seperate.

So, you can either receive ESA(CB), or ESA(IR), or ESA(CB) with an ESA(IR) top up.

You are either in the WRAG or the Support Group.

If you are in the WRAG and receiving ESA(CB) then your payments are time limited to 365 days.

If you are in the Support Group and receiving ESA(CB), then your payments are not time limited.

There is no time limiting applied to ESA(IR).

The ESA3 form collects financial information for ESA(IR), if eligible for ESA(IR), then you may entitled to more money.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.