× Members

Scared About New Sanctions for ESA WRAG

More
11 years 4 months ago #95728 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Scared About New Sanctions for ESA WRAG
bro58 wrote:

Asbo wrote:

I also just wanted to add that I heard The Equality Act was being modified and I bet it will make it worse for disabled people. Do you have any more information about this?

Many thanks

Hi A,

I am not aware of any impending ammedments to EA 2010.

bro58

There was talk earlier this week of the Government getting rid of Impact Assessments, I think this is covered under the EA 2010, but would not have a direct impact on the individual if removed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #95731 by bro58

More
11 years 4 months ago #95778 by Asbo
I've just been reading some of that, bro58, and it's even more scary than I thought. It looks as if anyone can be mandated onto the Work programme and that there are no exceptions. I just couldn't cope with it at all if I am put in the WRAG. Surely anxiety, agoraphobia, panic attacks and fibromyalgia are good reasons. I will have problems even getting to the Job Centre - the thought of it fills me with dread from when I last signed on there and that was before all of this - it was bad enough then.

• 883cc
11 years 4 months ago #95786 by 883cc
Replied by 883cc on topic Re:Scared About New Sanctions for ESA WRAG
It is indeed scary and it has been happening to some people for a good while now and now they deem it has to be for sick/disabled people but if you look at the link i mentioned you will see some info there,as you will on this site too, that might help you find your way through the process and in the meantime, as has been stated in previous posts, lets hope there is a legal challenge to all this and soon.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97543 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:Scared About New Sanctions for ESA WRAG

Asbo wrote: I also just wanted to add that I heard The Equality Act was being modified and I bet it will make it worse for disabled people. Do you have any more information about this?

Many thanks

There is a scheduled amendment to the Equality Act, but it has nothing to do with disability law, but part of the measures surrounding the legalisation of gay marriage.

[Maria Miller promised to ..] amend the Equality Act 2010 to reflect that no discrimination claims can be brought against religious organisations or individual ministers for refusing to marry a same-sex couple.

Guardian 11 December 2012

• mary
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97630 by mary
Does one have to be told in writing that certain sanctions are being applied and why, or is the benefit just automatically reduced/stopped?

Also, does one have to be told in writing that the cont. based esa is being stopped as your year is up (in the wrag ), or is it automatically stopped ?

Thanks in anticipation.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.