× Members

request for documents

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #95973 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:request for documents
Karlo wrote:

Once again thanks Bro. On that note I'll wish everyone a goodnight and have a good weekend.

Same to you K, :)

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96036 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic Re:request for documents
Sort of a catch 22 situation. You send SAR because you need to know how they reached their decision, but DWP make you wait longer than the time limit for appealing. In my case denied they had received the SAR, even though they had acknowledged receipt of my appeal. The SAR was part of my appeal request, but that meant nothing to DWP. DWP sent me, 2 months late, a copy of my own ESA 50, and their ESA85A. The ESA85a mentioned a previous report and MED3, neither of which have been provided to me despite several requests, complaint to DWP and letter from my MP. I am waiting for follow up by ICO, but don't hold out much hope of getting meaningful info from DWP as they have since started sending me info bearing someone else's NI number.

My point being - regardless of legislation in place to enable you to get information on decisions about you that you are entitled to by law, do not assume you will be able to. My advice is to follow benefits and work guides, and try to think as a decision maker or ATOS. 'Medical assessor' would. I assume this to be looking to prove you are not entitled to the benefit you are applying for. Therefore get whatever evidence, from whatever source you can, and do not delay sending it as part of an appeal, with the proviso that you will send more evidence as it becomes available. It appears that DWP is overwhelmed by the volume of paperwork generated by ESA claims and appeals.
Best of luck
P.C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.