× Members

ATOS ESA medical unattending form

• SoulMan
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #97463 by SoulMan
Replied by SoulMan on topic ATOS ESA medical unattending form
Well hopefully i won't have to go down the road but i assume i would be backdated the money after attending the f2f?

Thanks for your relies BTW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97466 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS ESA medical unattending form

SoulMan wrote: Well hopefully i won't have to go down the road but i assume i would be backdated the money after attending the f2f?

Thanks for your relies BTW

If the Fit for Work Decision is reversed then yes, but I am not clear on the procedures where you make a second claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• SoulMan
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #97480 by SoulMan
GOOD NEWS!!

Today i wrote another letter to the office dealing with my claim This time as a formal complaint explaining that i had not received the form etc and how i had already contacted ATOS twice about this and also that i actually wrote to them directly with my reason for not attending and explaining that i was writing the letter because i hadn't received the official form to fill in.

However after i had been to the post office i decided to ring the ESA phoneline aswell. The guy looked at my file and to my surprise he told me that they had recived my reason on the 9th ( which is the date i have tracking information for as been delivered) and he said it was sent to a decision maker who overturned it on the 15th! So they accepted my reason which was attending a funeral.

Such a big relief for now until they rearrange my new medical, I was extremely worried that i would not be able to reclaim for 6 months and there is no way i can claim JSA so i am now counting my blessings because i know the worst case is that i can fail the medical and receive assessment rate untill the appeal is heard which is not so bad because i can manage to get by with that. Hopefully though i will pass the medical but to know i will still get assessment rate if i don't is a huge relief and enables me not to worry so much about the medical.

Thanks again to everybody on this site! i have learn't so much during my short time hear and the information you guys offer is invaluable it makes the small subscription cost seem so low!

• SoulMan
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #97481 by SoulMan
The only downside is that i sent another letter today not knowing they had already changed the decision cost me £5 as well but o well.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS ESA medical unattending form
SM

I am glad this has been resolved in your favour.

Unfortunately, the DWP internal mail system, is not the fastest in the world, they operate central mail collection offices, that then distribute mail to the actual office dealing with your claim, which is often 10s of miles away.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago #97484 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ATOS ESA medical unattending form

SoulMan wrote: GOOD NEWS!!

Today i wrote another letter to the office dealing with my claim This time as a formal complaint explaining that i had not received the form etc and how i had already contacted ATOS twice about this and also that i actually wrote to them directly with my reason for not attending and explaining that i was writing the letter because i hadn't received the official form to fill in.

However after i had been to the post office i decided to ring the ESA phoneline aswell. The guy looked at my file and to my surprise he told me that they had recived my reason on the 9th ( which is the date i have tracking information for as been delivered) and he said it was sent to a decision maker who overturned it on the 15th! So they accepted my reason which was attending a funeral.

Such a big relief for now until they rearrange my new medical, I was extremely worried that i would not be able to reclaim for 6 months and there is no way i can claim JSA so i am now counting my blessings because i know the worst case is that i can fail the medical and receive assessment rate untill the appeal is heard which is not so bad because i can manage to get by with that. Hopefully though i will pass the medical but to know i will still get assessment rate if i don't is a huge relief and enables me not to worry so much about the medical.

Thanks again to everybody on this site! i have learn't so much during my short time hear and the information you guys offer is invaluable it makes the small subscription cost seem so low!

Hi SM,

I am really please that your problem has been resolved. :)

Well done on persevering, to sort it out !!!

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.