× Members

ESA WRAG Decision Without A Medical

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #102357 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA WRAG Decision Without A Medical

bro58 wrote:

Debs424 wrote: Update:
Today, suprisingly quickly, I received a letter from DWP regarding my ESA claim and concerning their looking again at their decision to place me in the WRAG. I had only received their initial decision on 21st March. Unfortunately, they have upheld their original decision and I am now on the appeal path :(

Having read the info on here I rang DWP and asked if they could send the evidence used by the decision maker. The lady who took my call explained that I would have to write in as she couldn't take a request by telephone. Whilst on the phone she explained that the support group is only for those who are terminally ill or with severe brain injuries. I didn't respond but I wonder how many people would give up even considering an appeal having been told this. She told me that those in WRAG may well be ill but with training and support they can work. Rather an abrupt lady with very little compassion!

Next step my GP on Friday and a request for another letter of support! Fingers crossed.

Hi D424,

You have obviously fell victim to yet another DWP "Call Responder" who has the benefits knowledge of a "Dead Ant" !!!! :evil:

bro58

Here's a further example of misinformation that a friend of mine recently suffered at the hands of a "Call Responder"

After being placed into The SG, the expected ESA payment did not go into the bank.

They rang the DWP number, only to be told that they were not entitled to any ESA, as they had exhausted their 365 days entitlement.

It took a further 3 calls over 2 days, before getting to speak to a manager, who admitted that as the friend had only just been transferred over from IB, and was in The SG, that there had been an "Error". The money was in the bank the same day.

You couldn't make it up !!! :evil:

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.