× Members

Seetec

• Queenrania
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104549 by Queenrania
Seetec was created by Queenrania
Hi , I am in the wrag group, got a letter to go to job centre to see an advisor . She was kind, she asked a few question about my condition and type them in the computer. A few minutes later she told me I have to go to job interview or a company called seetec to help me get back to work . My problem is I can't travel on my own and I can't get anyone to take me there. I am on medication and drowsy all the time, any one heard of this company called seetec, what do they do? How can I tell them I can't attend for the reason above. Any advice is appreciated :angry:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104556 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Seetec

Queenrania wrote: Hi , I am in the wrag group, got a letter to go to job centre to see an advisor . She was kind, she asked a few question about my condition and type them in the computer. A few minutes later she told me I have to go to job interview or a company called seetec to help me get back to work . My problem is I can't travel on my own and I can't get anyone to take me there. I am on medication and drowsy all the time, any one heard of this company called seetec, what do they do? How can I tell them I can't attend for the reason above. Any advice is appreciated :angry:

Hi Q,

Seetec are one of The Works Programme Providers used by the DWP:

www.seetec.co.uk/partprov/about_government_programmes.aspx

As with all Work Related Activity, (WFI's & WRA), The JCP and any WPP, have to take into account any limitations suffered by the claimant as a result of their medical conditions, and are required to make any "Reasonable Adjustments".

This is covered under the EA2010, for people who fulfill the definition of a "Disabled Person".

It may help if you write down all your suffered limitations, and make a formal request for Reasonable Adjustments under The EA2010.

See the following links :

www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

Sections 20-22 of :

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-memo-082.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy...ramme-provider.shtml

Work Focused Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid