× Members

Working, and impact on DLA claim

More
11 years 5 months ago #104612 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Working, and impact on DLA claim
DLA is payable for the mobility and care needs that you have irrespective of whether, or not, you work. As this is, I belive, your first claim for DLA you do not need to mention to working status. I think that Gordon assumed that you were already in receipt of DLA and had just commenced work.

Incidentally, this demonstrates the benefit of keeping all of your queries confined to one thread/topic so that anyone trying to answer is in possession of all disclosed facts. I think it would be a good idea for you to choose one of your threads and use it for all future queries about your DLA claim. You will be able to find it easily in future if you bookmark it now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swheatley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #104613 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Types of disability
mod test

This message contains confidential information

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Swheatley
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #104614 by Swheatley
Replied by Swheatley on topic Working, and impact on DLA claim
Thanks Gordon

In essence I don't need to let them know. However take your point about HRC. However my problems are spinal tumour related, which are exacerbated at night whilst lying down. I appreciate that this is only part of the picture, however like all on this site, you just manage. I guess I am completing the form as I am no longer coping as well as I used to and my mobility is decreasing and my care needs increasing. Hard reality to face!

I want to continue working as long as I can and the DLA will make it easier for me to put things in place as well as provide leverage for my employer to make reasonable adjustments of a more substantial nature and put more support in.

Thinking you may need to give up work is a terrifying thought.

• Swheatley
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago #104615 by Swheatley
Replied by Swheatley on topic Types of disability
Apologies

What is a mod test?

More
11 years 5 months ago #104616 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Types of disability

Leofwen wrote: This is a strange request, but how do DWP tend to treat inoperable, but benign spinal tumours. They do not fall into special rules for terminal illness, but are extremely rare and cause progressive nerve damage and compression.

There may not be an answer to this one,

Forgive the following.

Whilst an illness may result in death and therefore from a medical standpoint a patient may be classed as terminally ill, for it to apply to benefits there must be an expectation of death within six months for it to be relevent.

Outside of this timescale it is only the effects of the illness in regard to the benefit being claimed that will be considered; for ESA this is through the ESA descriptors, for DLA it is in relation to your care and mobility needs, this will be changing to PIP where it will then be the PIP descriptors.

Gordon

More
11 years 5 months ago #104618 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Types of disability

Leofwen wrote: Apologies

What is a mod test?

Another Mod has hi-lighted that you have multiple topics open on the forum, this causes confusion and can mean that we give incomplete or incorrect advice, please try and stick to one topic.

We will try and merge your topics together.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.