× Members

Working, and impact on DLA claim

• Swheatley
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104602 by Swheatley
Blue badge was created by Swheatley
Hi there

I am new to all of this and going to submitt a DLA claim next week. I have really found the information from this site so useful.

I am really anxious about the whole process, not only because of the realisation of my situation, but of the form filling. It is quite shocking to put down your issues in black and white nd see the extent to which your life has changed and your horizons have shrunk.

I have just been awarded a blue badge and did not need to be assessed. Should I put this on my DLA form and if so how is it best worded.

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #104604 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Blue badge
By all means tell DWP that you have been awarded a blue badge, and why, but make sure you also provide as much other evidence as you can.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Swheatley
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104608 by Swheatley
Replied by Swheatley on topic Working, and impact on DLA claim
Does being in fulltime employment have a bearing on DLA claim. I note the forms do not cover this. Should I be letting them know I work full time or not ?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

• Swheatley
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago #104609 by Swheatley
Replied by Swheatley on topic Blue badge
Wow, that was quick!

Thank you, I will include it. The process is making me so wary of what to put! Lol

More
11 years 4 months ago #104610 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Working, and impact on DLA claim

Leofwen wrote: Does being in fulltime employment have a bearing on DLA claim. I note the forms do not cover this. Should I be letting them know I work full time or not ?

Starting work is not usually classed as a Change in Circumstances that requires notification to the DWP, however, this really depends on the work that you are doing and any anomalies in regard your current claim that it might hi-light.

For example; if you are taking a job as a postman and will be delivering letters door to door, then there may well be issues in regard a Higher Rate Mobility award, if your receive Higher Rate Care then you would need to consider how that care would be available to you working full time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Swheatley
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #104611 by Swheatley
Replied by Swheatley on topic Types of disability
This is a strange request, but how do DWP tend to treat inoperable, but benign spinal tumours. They do not fall into special rules for terminal illness, but are extremely rare and cause progressive nerve damage and compression.

There may not be an answer to this one,
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid